Forums are back in action! ×

looking to hire a graphic designer of sorts...

Guest Snake McClain

Guest Snake McClain

...or a friend to help who is good with photoshop?

This is the deal. the quick version. My lady friend makes her own fashion clothes. old timey looking stuff. corsets and things. That said I want to make a "magazine" that looks old timey and has old timey stuff but with her in it (as a surprise to her). just one issue. like...maybe it should look like an old magazine, from the early 1900s but with photos of her (which i have) that would go in it. Like a fashion shoot was done of her in her stuff.

Thoughts on cost or time needed to make this happen?

Do you need it printed? How about a poster of her looking sexy in one old time sort of photograph? It would save you about 80% cost and time wise. Also she could display it easier. :D If you approach a designer (and they're good) they'll need a great photograph to work from that is as large as possible. Everything else can be Photoshoped in. Guru.com allows you to hire foreign talent for very little money.

I'm a graphic designer but I don't take on clients, I design and then sell. It's easier that way. :-P Good luck, nice idea!

-- Graphic Designer Seven

Seven: Level 3 JEDI
STR: -1 DEX: 4 STA: 8 CON: 2 WIS: 6 CHA: 3
First Six Week Challenge Sept. 24 2012
Connecting the dots can only occur in retrospect, to get there: Intuition.

I agree with seven that a poster is probably a better idea than a magazine, and id recommend going with "i bought you a session with a professional photographer and x prints" rather than a graphic designer. you'll get a better result, and she gets a fun event. you guys could even work out complimentary outfits and do it together.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

AZSF - lvl 4 assassin

STR - 9 | DEX - 12 | STA - 10.5 | CON - 7 | WIS - 8.5 | CHA - 1

I do agree with the others in that a professional photo shoot might be cooler and easier to do. But as a graphic desinger I think a mini magazine can be a great after gift, incorporating both the photos you currently have and the new ones you may be getting. It can be the size of a playbill, maybe 5.5" x 8.5". Nothing super fancy but it would be memorable.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Yeah, I got this!" -andygates

Archived