Forums are back in action! ×

Hi everyone

This is my first post on here, so bear with me :). I am nearly 21 and in my last year of nursing school. It is unlike any other schooling and unless you have been in it or no someone who has, you never fully understand how hard it is. I spend most night working on either a project, reading assignment or studying for those classes. When I do have free time, it is generally spent playing Skyrim or doing something else I find entertaining/enjoyable. I have gone on a couple runs so far this semester, but not nearly as much as I used to last year and years past.

One thing I like about this site is it supports non-gym dependent workouts, which is ideal. Once class is over I want to get the heck off of campus and not get close to their gym. I'd rather run around the block or do something here at home.

Recently, I have tried to do some yoga, push ups and abdominal work, but once I am done with being productive for school, I become too lazy to do these exercises routinely (and I am ashamed to admit that, but admitting problems is the first step in solving them)

I attempted the Atkins diet early this summer and lost maybe 3-5 pounds, eating many omelets or meat and veggies; however, as soon as school began, I found myself cooking less, and I was going for those easy, carb-loaded meals. Needless to say, whether the effects are visible or not is miniscule is at all, but I feel as though I am gradually getting softer.

I actually accidentally found this site while looking up information for a project , needless to say I went on that tangent gladly and excitedly. I used to have a membership on a site like this, but it no longer exists leaving me without my support site. I am glad I found this site. I hope to get back into a routine involving better eating and more activity while still being responsible with school and work. Already starting the diet changes and going to exercise tonight, no matter how lazy I feel.

Good luck to all of you with your goals!

-Alana

[TABLE=width: 500, align: left]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Vlala_sil, level 1 Scout (aspirations of a Druid and Assassin)

STR 3|DEX 3|STA 3|CON 2|WIS 3|CHA 1

[/TABLE]

Thank you very much. That's awesome, I appreciate how many health care workers there are for some reason haha. Good luck with any goals you may have.

Take care

-Alana

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

[/TABLE]

Hey Alana, welcome to the Rebellion! This place is awesome, the people are more genuine and caring than any other forum on the Internet (or at least any of the ones I've been on).

I wouldn't really recommend that Atkins diet, if you've got the time you should check out some of the nutrition forums or blog posts, there's some great knowledge out there just waiting for you to take it and run!

Looking forward to hearing from you more- best of luck with everything and, again, WELCOME!

"No-one tells a T-Rex when to go to sleep".

- Jim Wendler

Already, I am falling in love with the site. Everyone is super supportive, and it isn't some glorified popularity contest (as fitness sites in the past were); yep this place and it's members are keepers :3. Thank you for the welcome by the way! (Love your avatar, Squirtle i) Well I steered away from Atkins after I got tired of not "being able" to eat fruit (which took less than a month haha), and also it is terrible for your health. However, it kind of was following the same principal as the Paleo diet (by having a lot of meat and veggies) which is why I hope to attempt this Paleo diet and see how it treats me (which I feel the science behind it makes way more since, you aren't just cutting carbs out cold turkey, you are still eating the natural sugars in fruits and vegetables) I just know it's hard to resist pastries and other sweets xD, I may have to tweak mine so I have a day to be bad.

Anywho, thanks for the support :), hope you are doing well with your goals. Take care, and I hope to hear from you again too ^-^v.

-Alana

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

[/TABLE]

Archived