Forums are back in action! ×

Getting Huge

Does anyone want to discuss any of the following topics:

1. Barbell Exercises

2. Supplementation

3. Foam Rolling Technique

4. Kettlebells

5. Natural Hormonal Enhancement by Rob Fagin or any other literature specific to lifting and nutrition

These are all topics that interest me. My feeling is that none of us are experts on all areas of fitness/nutrition because of the amount of information available to us and conflicting ideas. What works for you may not work for someone else.

The synthesis of good ideas (i.e. things worth giving a shot) has landed me in a much stronger place than I ever was in. I owe my knowledge to many different people, most of whom I have never met. However, the lessons I have learned from co-workers and professors are priceless and serve as my foundation to help others.

I am willing to discuss anything with anyone because I wish more people would have reached out to me when I was growing up.

My experiences are specific to obesity. Unless you have been a fat kid, you don't really know. Someone cannot even begin to comprehend the hardships associated with being that overweight, wanting to change, and not having the resources (i.e. knowledge, mentors, finances, etc) to give it a go.

However, everyone has had to endure something at some point in their lives. Sharing any of these experiences on this forum is fair game and should be done if individuals think it will positively contribute to a healthier way of life for someone reading.

Perhaps a bit too philosophical/involved for a forum about exercise --- and maybe I am trying to facilitate too much --- but ignorance is poison and we should all be helping others out if we can.

Roach

I'm half Samoan and grew up in a conservative Japanese neighborhood in Hawaii...trust me I know being the fat kid (I got REALLY good at scrapping lol).

1) Press, Pull, Legs. I've gotten good results doing a Press/Pull (and supersetting press and pull exercises) day and a Legs day and having a hypertrophy/endurance workout and a power workout. I currently do M Legs Hyper, T P/P Hyper, W Legs Power, Th P/P Power, F Arms and leftovers and have had very solid results with it.

2) Supps have value, but I think too many people jump to those without getting the basics down. I don't care how many BCAAs or whatever random GNC ZOMGEXPLODEYOURFACEOFF crap is hot right now you take, if you're not eating right it's a waste of money.

3) Hurts like hell, but I prefer a tennis ball to a foam roller. I don't do it enough and I really should.

4) Good for cardio, but I've never seen them to have a better effect than more traditional stuff. Now a sledgehammer on the other hand...

5) I've mostly read stuff by Lyle and Paul Carter, don't really have anything to comment on at the moment that I can think of.

IDDQD

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Current Challenge

Race: MALIETOA

Class: WARRIOR

STR: 4 | DEX: 1 | STA: 1 | CON: 3 | WIS: 2 | CHA: 4

Archived