Forums are back in action! ×

I have returned

Hey everyone.

I am not new to the rebellion. It's been over a year since I have been around though. I was using the information here to get ready to ship off to army basic training. I have completed that training and am ready to get back into my nerd fitness. When I left i was not where I wanted to be physically. Thanks to bootcamp I have never been stronger and am taking my fitness to a whole new level. I hope this site can once again help me get where I want to go!

My geek creds:

Don't get much geekier than me... I am a member of the online jedi realist community. A jedi is always seeking to improve themselves and I can't think of a better place to do so than right here. Physical training is not a hallmark of jedi online right now. I feel this is a travesty. Jedi were not couch potatoes. So getting my swell on and getting other people to do so is going to be important to getting things moving in the community.

Fitness:

2 mile run time 15:10

54 pushups in 2 minutes

76 sit ups in 2

16 pull ups

32" waist (down from 38")

5'9" 172 pounds

Goals:

Learn Parkour! I want to upgrade my run and integrate some awesome ninja flying stuff.

Reduce run time to under 15 minutes

Gear up for OCS (officer candidate school) Its tougher than basic training and i am going to have to push myself harder than i ever have to be ready for this one!

I look foreward to hearing from people and getting tips and encouragement again!

LVL 1 Monk

STR: 3 | DEX: 2 | STA: 2 | CON: 2 | WIS: 3 | CH: 3

For practice is better than art. Your exercise does well without the art, but the art is not much good without the exercise.

-Hanko Dobringer, 1389

Archived