Forums are back in action! ×

Love the site! Fitness pros unite

Hi,

I've been in the fitness and martial arts business a long time. I have the fitness part down pretty well now I need the nerd part. I figure spending most of my teen years reading and collecting comic books and playing Dungeons and Dragons should qualify me. Heck, working out and playing Street Fighter pretty much destroyed my freshmen year of college.

A friend suggested this site and I really like the way it is constructed. I also like the community approach. Ever since day one I enjoyed working with "average" people. So many people starting out in my profession want to be NFL, NBA, Strength Coaches or work with MMA fighters being the new craze not me I always had a special place in my heart for just the regular Joe or Sally and helping them from ordinary to extraordinary.

Glad to be a part of Nerd Fitness I think I'm going to enjoy it here.

Race: Mul (Dark Sun, AD&D)

Profession: Battle Monk

Level:1

Str/4 Dex/3 Con/4 Wis/2 Cha/2

Welcome, dude! And I don't think you HAVE to be a nerd to be part of the community, it just helps understand the jokes and references, and gives encouragement to nerds who would otherwise not approach getting fit. D&D experience will definitely help you with understanding the challenges part though, it's a great little model in my opinion.

Any goals you're working on? And what exactly makes somebody go from "ordinary" to "extraordinary"...? Besides effort.

Neutral Good-High Elf Warrior

What we move is far less important than what moves us.

Razor's Three-Fortnight Challenge

Archived