Forums are back in action! ×

and another joins the rebellion

Hey everyone,

This is the forum thing I've ever joined, but I figured this would be were I introduce myself a little. My name is Dave, I'm using Hardcore on here because it was a nickname my high school track coach gave me and it helps motivate me to work harder in the gym.

I've been involved in fitness for a long time by way of sports, but was never in the greatest of shape. When I was in High school I weighed 285 lbs. I started working to lose weight and maintain strength for throwing and now I'm down to about 210, but I want to get to a better place yet than where I am fitness-wise.

I joined nerd fitness because among all the fitness blogs I've read, this is the one I found the most motivating, and when I looked at the forums I saw the kind of supporting community that can really push someone to the next level. I'll be needing the support as I try to launch a come back from a year of injury issues to try to rejoin the highland games next year. I feel I've lost a lot of muscle, but I want to come back better than I was before, so I have a long road ahead of me.

Thanks for giving my post a look. Hopefully I can do the rebellion proud both here and in the gym

"No, I beat my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize."

1 Corinthians 9:27

Welcome!

Have you yet made any plans as to what your comeback should look like? Strength training? Cardio? Diet? A mixture? I feel like a clear plan and controlable goals motivate quite much so they are a good start :)

Level 2   Human   Ranger

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------STR 7.7  CON 4.8  Battle Log  We are Rangers.DEX 2.0  WIS 2.9               We walk in the dark places no others will enter.STA 4.9  CHA 3.3               We stand on the bridge, and no one may pass.

Thanks for the welcome!

I'm thinking I'll be working mostly on strength training, basic power lifting and some Olympic lifts for the explosion I need, along with some cardio for making sure I can keep going strong for the entire competition (they can get kind of long) and I'm guessing an improved diet would help me improve in both of those areas. I have some long term goals in mind for lifting numbers I would like and am trying to break them down into a series of shorter term goals to help keep me moving on them.

"No, I beat my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize."

1 Corinthians 9:27

Sounds perfect to me :) Good luck with them!

Level 2   Human   Ranger

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------STR 7.7  CON 4.8  Battle Log  We are Rangers.DEX 2.0  WIS 2.9               We walk in the dark places no others will enter.STA 4.9  CHA 3.3               We stand on the bridge, and no one may pass.

Archived