Forums are back in action! ×

*waves*

Halo,

I'm a n00b, I accidentally found this forum while trying to find healthy eating plans.

I'm a nerd and I'm trying to get fit so I thought I should join.

I'm 25 and had been, until 3 months ago, a smoker. I started smoking at the age of 15 and despite my dad passing away of a rare form of cancer that started in his throat, I couldn't break the habit. I'm currently on Champix and although I know they are bad for me, smoking was worse. As as result of quitting smoking, mixed in with leaving my physically challenging job for a job in I.T, I've put on 12kgs.

I was always tiny, size 6 ... I don't know what that is in the US, maybe a 0 or 2 despite eating more than most people I know. Lots and lots of Junk food too. I don't want to go back to being that skinny, although I also don't want to end up having to wash myself with a rag on a stick. I just want to be healthy. I am sick of being so sick and run down all the time. So, I joined a gym and started a healthy eating plan.

I'm hoping these forums will help me, looking forward to meeting you all and hearing your stories.

K-Dizzle

Once you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth

Archived