Forums are back in action! ×

Adventure Racing Monk

Hey all, I'm finally posting on this account so I guess I'm a sorta new guy. I've been following the Nerd Fitness blog for a while now and decided to jump into the community after trying other online fitness forums and not really finding a fit.

Currently I'm aiming for overall fitness so I can complete adventure races like the Tough Mudder with the best time possible while dominating all obstacles. I'm a big martial arts fan too, so that goal works well in there. I may focus more on running as time goes on depending on whether my friend can convince me to do a marathon, haha.

Right now I keep running and sprinting at the core of my workout since my goal is a better time at adventure races. I aim for at least two miles a day, four days a week with three days for sprints. I also like using a lot of body weight exercises like push ups, pull ups and squats to keep my strength up. Currently I'm doing temp work that involves a lot of labor so its rough finding the energy at the end of the day to lift, but usually I try to follow the main crossfit workouts. Lately I've found the Batman workout on this site works pretty well for me though. I'm looking forward to mastering my body and completing more races in the future.

Archived