Forums are back in action! ×

to St Peter he will tell "One more Rebel reporting sir, I've served my time in Hell"

My Brothers and Sisters

It's good to have found a group such as this. Straight forward, no BS, informative, and many shades of epic.

Allow me to introduce myself:

My Name is Mike. I am Filipino. I am 23. I am Awesome(just like everyone else here, should fit in just fine :D).

Real Life:

Media Production Major

Delivery Boy

Bar Karaoke and House Party DJ

Photographer/Videographer for Music Production Company and Freelance

Proud Father of a Pitbull-Catahoula.

Atienza Kali Practitioner

ex Football Player Offensive/Defensive Lineman

ex Tae Kwon Do practitioner

Volleyball Enthusiast

Combat Pimp

Nerd Life:

Eve Online

recovered WoW addict

Battlefield 3

Dovakiin

quoting Battlefield: Earth like its my job cause it is

freshly enlisted Rebel

Fitness/Health:

I am overweight. *sigh* However, I know I am more than capable of turning it around and am currently turning it around. I dealt with a very scary bout of diverticulitis *SQUIRM*. I never wanna go through that again. It was caught early so it was manageable though still painful and mentally mindf***ing *squirmAGAIN*

Before that curse which I now view as a blessing, I was hovering around 255-257 and standing at 5'9 yeesh that was horrible. Never thought about it then. But after starving myself, for fear of not knowing what foods would trigger another episode of pain and accompanying trip to the ER/crying to my mother(an RN), I dropped to 214 in the span of 6 months. I entered the level of a skinny fat ectomorph. Right around late July 2011, I decided to man up and retake control of my life. I spent so much of my college career partying, drinking, picking up smoking, eating shitty, and developing horrible sleeping patterns.

Once life stabilized I had one of those life is precious/you dont know what its like til its gone moments and decided to charge forward and Level Up My Life. My cousin is an Atienza Kali Instructor. (ULTRA COOL, combine with parkour+firearms training and you're looking at a living, breathing, modern day Assassin's Creed. check it out here

techniques of Atienza Kali and our Sister System Sayoc Kali are featured in Awesomeness such as The Bourne Series, The Hunted, NCIS: LA).

I'm using Kali as my springboard back into fitness.

Since I am human and I had such a broad goal, OF COURSE I got lost along the way. Bad health habits have return and wax and wane like the moon. I am now holding at 233.

BUT THANKS TO THE REBELLION.

I am slowly working my way into the Paleo Diet to give it a go for 30 days to see how it is. 4 days in. Rice is such a staple for my culture, down to 1 quarter to half cup serving a day and is proving the weirdest and most difficult part.

I now do bodyweight exercises on playgrounds which makes me look like a weirdo in the process. And, I find it hilarious. My friend drove by and texted me asking why i was humping a ladder. My response: "Inverted Rows. Motivate. Dominate."

I've begun touching on the simple techniques displayed in Commander Kamb's "Beginner's Guide to Parkour."

Gonna do some Goonies-style adventures through my city

AND SPEAKING OF ALSO WORKING ON TIME MANAGEMENT

I have an Atienza Kali seminar to attend today. And i planned to wake up for it at 7AM. It's 4:34AM, I thought it was still 1...

It's a long road ahead... lol

Leave me some love and DEFINITELY feedback

Viva la Rebellion.:loyal:

STR 2 || DEX 1.5 || STA 2 || CON 3 || WIS 3 || CHA 3.5

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Atienza-Kali/118757554807517

3 things that stand out....

1. youre filipino

2. you are and are also related to badass people

3. you have black friends

hahaha im just only half kidding. considering that i am half filipina/half "african-american" i found your intro to be very familiar and hilarious. the rice consumption issue is something i completely identify with....my mom made some BOMB fried rice today and i left the kitchen crying. i send you lots of support and "mahalz"....you can do this! you're in the right place!

3 things that stand out....

1. youre filipino

2. you are and are also related to badass people

3. you have black friends

hahaha im just only half kidding. considering that i am half filipina/half "african-american" i found your intro to be very familiar and hilarious. the rice consumption issue is something i completely identify with....my mom made some BOMB fried rice today and i left the kitchen crying. i send you lots of support and "mahalz"....you can do this! you're in the right place!

haha thanks for the mahalz

btw, my mom steamed some rice with calamansi along with some sisig today... tears dude lol

you know what i love about our culture, i got to play with THIS today

Atienza Street Sweeper

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/324134_10152117115220177_270782855_o.jpg

GET BENT

the evolutions of checks strikes and involved take downs remind me of Assassin's Creed its ridiculous

We are a Warrior People Jizzle! We've never truly been conquered, we just let the Spaniards and the Americans hang out for a few :D being able to practice our indigenous fighting art is a testament to that.

One of my Epic Life Quests is to become a full Atienza Kali Instructor. i'm going to need to be in peak physical conditione and stomach some crazy stuff to pass instructor trials (200% exp on completion! that epic)

thanks for the reply, much love manang

you know what i love about our culture, i got to play with THIS today

holy cheese and fries!!!!!!!! what on earth do you do with that thing!!! actually dont answer that. cuz i just watched the youtube video you posted. but im still a little vague on it and would like to learn more...would you recommend any sites?

but youve definitely provided a piece to my life puzzle ive been working on...like...why do i feel an inner assassin waiting to be unleashed when confronted with adversaries and my intial reaction is to grab the biggest sharpest thing i can find and violently take them down. its in the blood. **shrugs**

but i envy and admire your ability to wield such a weapon and continued dedication to persevere towards your epic quest. cant wait to see your progess!!

and sisig!!!!!!!! how could you mention one of my all time favorite dishes!!!!!!! the torture!! *SLAMS HEAD AGAINST KEYBOARD

"TWENTY-TWOS SON!!!!"

guess what... sisig is straight according to Paleo.

WiNNING

also, as far as wanting to wreck stuff... thats your warrior spirit calling you back to the blade. straight up culture flowing thru your veins.

where you at in the US (if you are US im assuming)? il hook you up with a training group and you can check out what were about

Archived