Forums are back in action! ×

My routine for the next 6 weeks.

GermanFafian

Since I started reading this site and forum I have taken on several ideas for my general working out plan.

I have been a big advocate of using your own weight for exercising and since I started getting back in shape, that's what I have been using.

After reading the different plans on the site I have decided on the following plan for the next 6 weeks. It is a mix of interval training and the advance weight training.

My goal is to achieve better muscle definition and to lose my mid body "softness" :witless:

So here it is;

5 minutes of warmup...light walking and then stretch.

30 seconds of sprint run and then 2 minutes of jogging I should do this X 6 (or as many as I can do. So far only 3)

5 minutes of light jogging and stretching.

After that I do the following circuit;

10 Body Weight Squats

10 Walking Lunges

10 Pull Ups (or 6 inverted body weight rows – overhand grip on table)

10 dips (or 10 decline push ups if these are too tough)

10 Chin ups (or 6 inverted body weight rows – underhand grip on table)

10 push ups

30 second plank

30 jumping jacks

The "ideal" is to be able to do 6 circuits but right now I am up to only 3.

I do this 3 days a week.

On the rest of the days, if I "need" to do something phisycal (besides playing guitar) I just take a light walk thru the forest.

Any comments or suggestions are welcome.

My music site
Carpe diem quan minimum credula Postero.

Is it necessary to do both the sprints and the bodyweight on the same day? Personally, I would split it up. Alternate days, and give yourself 1-2 real rest days (walking in the forest is totally "restful"). Additionally... i would be careful, and listen to your body when doing sprints multiple times in any given week. It is very easy to overdo it and give yourself some type of stress fracture. Most training programs only have 1 (maybe 2) scheduled sprint training days. It is awesome... and intense... but without adequate prep and rest it can be brutal on the bones and soft tissues. I have personally experienced this type of overtraining. It sucks to not be able to do what you want because you pushed too far, too fast. Plus... knocking out a workout in 20-30 minutes and knowing that you did a great job that day is fairly rewarding... and you are not completely worn out like you would be from a hour of mixed sprints/bodyweight.

LEVEL 4Time Lord RangerSTR 6 / DEX 4 / STA 8 / CON 6 / WIS 3 / CHA 2Architect of Evolution: Blog

Well I could split them in two days if I fell any pain or harm being done but so far so good.

I guess I could just jog twice a week and do the sprint on Wednesdays only. I'll see.

I have been jogging and doing push ups and chin ups for a month on a daily basis and I really thought I was in worse shape than I am XD

I will keep an open mind for any signs of damage but I really like 4 days off a week, to dedicate to music composition and recording.

My music site

Well. I am screwed bad :(

I was doing quite fine and after thinking about it (and getting beaten up by the work out XD ) I decided to follow advice and modify the general regime.

I do legs on Mon, Wed, and Fri.

On Tue, Thurs and Sat I do the upper body exercises.

Got me a nice set of Merrel glove shoes for running and then ......

Last Friday, at work I was walking down the steps and missed one of them. Landed on my Right leg in an awkward position and my knee hurts like hell when I try to even do a slow, soft jog. :(

I does not bother me when I walk but as soon as I try to even slightly try to jog. It starts to hurt.

I also pulled something in my back as it bothers me in certain position, but nothing grave. It goes away as soon as I do some stretching and warming up.

I guess I will just be taking fast paced walks for a couple of weeks until I go to the Doctor to have the knee checked.

My music site

Archived