Forums are back in action! ×

Annual performance eval day

Thilde

And not only was my eval stellar, but I got a farking raise, my second one this year! I knew my eval was coming up and I knew it'd probably be good (I mean, no bad news throughout the year probably means pretty good reviews come eval time), but I seriously had zero expectation of a raise as I already had gotten one back in March at my 6month eval. I am so blown away right now. In this economy, and especially in the field of state-funded medical care, I SO do not take it for granted to have something like this happen. Agencies everywhere are struggling with funding, bigtime. I have been at my agency for only a year and 3wks and to get the kind of positive eval like I got today, plus two raises 5 months apart means I'm doing something right. I work so frikking hard at my job, trying to provide the best care I can to my clients and the best support I can to my colleagues, often against frustrating obstacles and unconscionable social barriers. It is unbelievably awesome to feel like someone else out there takes note and finds what I do worthwhile.

My current supervisor got me in a "trade" a few months ago...something I had no say over and was not happy about back when it happened. Today she told me "I am so glad I get to be your supervisor; you are such an asset to this team!" She also commended me for sharing Calming Manatee with my teammates on a particularly stressful day awhile back. That's right, Calming Manatee made it into my yearly performance eval! :) All this just made my day and I wanted to blab about it to my peeps here at NF. :D

Sambie, the fact that you rocked your eval does not surprise me one bit. In the past few weeks, just from your postings here, you've shown a level of wit, grace, insight, and sheer grit that have made the folks following you adore you. If you bring even a tenth of that to your job, then your clients and co-workers are blessed to have you in their lives. I'm just glad you're getting the recognition and rewards that you totally deserve. I'm so proud of you! Can I be you when I grow up?

Wood Elf Ranger

LEVEL 1, It don't mean a thing if I don't hear that ding: My Epic Quest

That is awesome, Sambie! I agree with Cyn, you are definitely getting the recognition you deserve. You're an asset here too :)

Huge congratulations!

Warrior Princess
Eating Psychology Coach

Adventure's Guild Challenge winner: Challenge #24

â•‘ Live the Whole  â•‘ Bucket List â•‘Level up my Lifeâ•‘ 

"Don't ever save anything for a special occasion. Every day you're alive is a special occasion."

Archived