Forums are back in action! ×

Starting A New Page...& for the final time!

Hello all!

I would give you my life story, but that would take at least a day, not to mention I'd prolly scare most of you all away. hehe. What it comes down to, is that after big stressful & uncontrollable issue after another for the past 6 months, I decided to try & find something I could control & manage & that is my weight & my body image. I've tried several diets & gone on several fitness kicks, all of which yielded results but for some reason or another, I could not stick to it! I'm at my heaviest now (172lbs, 5'5"), so this is me hoping that for the final time I can say "I AM GETTING FIT!" & actually stick with it! This time though, I plan on branching out at getting all the support I can get. I sometimes let my emotions rule me (especially when it comes to eating), so I'll definitely need people to get my brain in check!

As far as who I am...

Well, I'm 24 & I'm currently working F/T & going to school F/T. I work at a psych facility in which my unit caters to autistic & low IQ kiddos who have aggression issues & so on. I LOVE MY JOB. Maybe not the big whigs who run the place, but I definitely love what my job stands for. My job has actually inspired me to change my major, in which I plan on becoming a LD (learning disability)/BD (behavioral disability) elementary teacher! As far as my interests, I consider myself a nerd light. I got into a lot of things while I was in HS, but it's kinda taken a back seat since grown up issues are kinda important. I'm a huge fan of Rurouni Kenshin, Trigun, & Yu Yu Hakusho (and Full Metal Alchemist, since my friend just recently turned me on to that). I also like a variety of other things, but those anime top the list. I absolutely love body modification, but mainly tattoos. I currently have 5 and I'm not done yet! I'm also quite the animal nerd. I guess my 3 cats & 1 dog are proof of that.

Anyways... That pretty much wraps things up I guess & I suppose I kinda did delve into my life story a bit... BUT, I had been lurking on here for awhile when I got that final push to finally do something. I'm hoping to find inspiration, motivation, ideas, support, and friends along this journey!

Welcome!

Is that a carrot with a flame thrower? rad!

I think you'll definitely find excercising more regularly will help with your emotions and moods. I certainly do. I am an emotional eater, and actually a 'bored eater' if there is such a thing ( but im betting you can guess if there isnt)

Im new here but ive found it really helpful and hopefully you will too

:)

Sounds like you are heading in the right direction! I used to be a psych major so I definitely understand where you are coming from about what your job means and everything. Sometimes I wonder if I made the wrong decision by changing my major and getting away from Psychology. I think we share a common problem with being able to stick with something long term, one thing I am going to try and do is to take things a little slower but also do my best to live that lifestyle for a year. There was a post on the blog about how it takes your body so many months to really get used to the changes youve gone through. Thats why we fall back to our old ways so fast. Best of luck!

Wandering WarriorLevel 4- STR: 7.5 | DEX: 1 | CON: 7 | STA: 7.5 | WIS: 10 | CHA: 4.25"Your future is created by what you do TODAY, not tomorrow"

Battle Log | Fitocracy

Lifting Goals: Squats - 545 | Bench - 410 | Deads - 585 

Thanks for the support guys! It's great that we're all new cause we're starting our journey together! yay!

Wabbit- heck yeah that's a carrot with a flame thrower! it's also currently the wallpaper on my phone :) I definitely know a thing or two about "bored eating" though I'm more of an expert on emotional eating, lol.

Aqweei- it's nice to know that you have a similar background to me! it's hard to find people outside my work place that can really relate & understand what i go through on a daily basis. what did you switch your major to, if you don't mind me asking? things always happen for a reason whether the end result is revealed right away or not or whether that something is a smaller step to something greater. i've looked at most of the blogs but certainly not all of them (i wouldn't be lying if i said that some might've ran together as i might've read several over the course of a day, hehe). good luck to you as well!

Well, when I was in school for Psychology I wanted to do Industrial Organizational Psychology. I loved the Psyche courses but hated the core classes. I ended up dropping out of school for nearly 2 semesters because after my Grandfather passed I felt like I wanted to join the Air Force. Then I met my now Fiance and I knew I didnt want to leave her behind and I was also having a hard time meeting the weight/height requirements so my dad turned me on to a program at the local Technical College where I would be in a program through the Southern Company(The provide electricity for Mississippi, Florida, Alabama and my location of Georgia) as an Instrumentation and Controls Technician. So thats where I am lol!

Part of my decision came from wanting a ton of things that my current career path will provide me that the other probably wouldnt. Not to mention all the extra schooling I would need to reach that level, and I just decided it wasnt where I saw myself 10 years from now. However, take that with a grain of salt because I am one of those people who really dont know where they want to be in 10 years. I just want to be successful under my own definitions which are to have a small family, be financially stable, and enjoy my life lol.

Wandering WarriorLevel 4- STR: 7.5 | DEX: 1 | CON: 7 | STA: 7.5 | WIS: 10 | CHA: 4.25"Your future is created by what you do TODAY, not tomorrow"

Battle Log | Fitocracy

Lifting Goals: Squats - 545 | Bench - 410 | Deads - 585 

I have the sudden urge to recreate your avatar as a not so still life image. You'll be the first to know when I do.

And welcome! And yes, bored eating can be killer. Especially when you associate it with doing what most nerds do these days--sitting in front of your computer or gaming. Was a hard habit to break for me.

Level 1 Male Orc Adventurer Str 3|Dex 2|Sta 2|Con 2|Wis 4|Cha 2

MyFitnessPal[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]My Challenge

-When your base is ashes, then you have my permission to GG.-

Aqweei: Wow! Industrial Organizational Psychology?! And Instrumentation & Controls Tech? My brother actually considered Industrial Organizational Psychology for awhile before switching to Clinical Psychology. He let me check out a few of his notes & I have to say it was very interesting. I'm not gonna lie though, I had to look up Instrumentation & Controls Tech & that is also quite impressive! I completely understand having a career that has good outlook & growth. I had switched majors several times before I ended up with education. Prior I really wanted to become a graphic designer but after a few life events, I ended up having to re-enroll back into school & since I had just started my job at the psych facility, I knew exactly what I wanted to do. Looking back, I'm actually glad that I'm becoming a teacher. There will always be a need for a teacher! I just recently got out of a long-term relationship, so it's nice to know that with this degree, I can pretty much go anywhere & know I can pretty much be certain I can find a job right away. Like I've said before, things always happen for a reason, even if it's terrible, it's to give way for something better!! :)

Nozza: Thanks for the welcome! If you did make a not so still life of my avatar that would be awesome!! Speaking of which, love your avatar!! Was he as menacing in person? But in all seriousness, yes bored eating is difficult to get rid of but not impossible! I have to say, my cats have helped me become aware whenever I was doing this. They have a habit of hovering near me & giving me their version of "puppy eyes" whenever I'm nibbling on something, whether it be in front of the computer or on the couch watching TV. lol

Archived