Forums are back in action! ×

Reporting from a remote island called Sri Lanka

Long-time lurker and first-time poster here. I find the community and the rewarding system very on-par with my outlook on life. I've gained much just by reading.

So here's a brief introduction of myself. I'm a college undergraduate trying to get in shape, be healthy and acquire skills. I've been lucky so far, as with getting on track. I used to be a lil' overweight and a lazy couch potato. Depression came to my save, ironically. Either because of the depression or the medication or my dietary changes after or a combination of all I lost weight. As the drugs got me out of the couch, I've been exercising too, and enjoying it as well. Some of my friends and family think I've gone too skinny. But I think it's the comparison to my older self that makes them say that. I think I look average-built now, except for a lil' bit of fat left here and there. That's why I picked half-orc as my race, that and because I think human is too mediocre.

As for the diet, it's hard to follow a strict paleo pattern because of my family and friends. But I try to be stubborn as much as I can. It's hard to get hold of nuts and the most what I can get from supermarkets are those in chocolate. I have not dropped grain, but I have switched almost fully to whole-grain or multi-grain products.

I don't hope to bore you with more of my life's story. I just wanted to say hi! :-)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Half-orc Ranger

Stats

STR - 3

DEX - 2

STA - 1

CON - 3

WIS - 4

CHA - 2

"Love will not betray you, dismay you or enslave you- it will set you free"

Hi & welcome Ajamu! I completely understand the whole friends & family making it a little difficult to stick with you diet changes. I'll be sitting in the break room at work with a nice salad & water & then my friend will come in with the best looking spagetti & marinara with a big piece of chocolate cake!

Archived