Forums are back in action! ×

Heya Rebels

Hi all,

my name is Bianca, I'm a 27 year old German who decided to move to Scotland 2.5 years ago to start over again.

Prior to moving to Scotland my life was a mess. ~50 Hours/week work + 20 hours/week doing my A-Level sucked the life out of me and my relationship. Looking back at this I never want to get in this place again. I also came to the realisation at one point that weighting 88kg at 1.63m height is the cause for my lack of self-confidence, which always seemed to be in my way.

So in February 2011 I decided to do something about it. I started out with going to the gym and in May 2011 picking up running. I love running because it gives me the opportunity to clear my head. I'm still wearing a t-shirt that says 'Running Sucks', because it does, in a positive way though.

In May 2012 I found my current love. Fitness boot camp <3 It's my 30 minute energy boost before I go to work and gets me in a great mood for the day. It's all body weight exercise and my trainer is ace. He's fun, knows when to push you and when to leave you alone.

But since it is not all exercise, but mainly food I've managed to cut out most grain and a lot of the dairy as well. However I think there is still room for improvements.

So where am I now. I'm about 3-4kg away from what the BMI considers a healthy weight and I really want to get below the 68kg at one point. I'm sure I can do it if I work hard for it the fat layer will get thinner eventually.

What I want for the future. Apart from my weight goal, I want to feel good about myself with a balanced body and mind. That means for me to bash on with my part time study to get a degree, but also eat healthy and be active.

Other interesting stuff to know. I'm passionate about Judo, but don't play it actively at the moment (I see a challenge coming up here). I'll at least try every kind of activity, but I suck at most of them and I hope I can change that to suck less.

If you made it till here, thanks for reading and I hope we can all help each other to become a better version of ourselves.

First do what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you have done the impossible. - Franz von Assisi

Challenges: 1st, Current

I like living in Scotland. Apart from being very wet and hardly ever reaching warm (+20C) temperatures it is very scenic and the people are very nice.

When I went running in Germany people would shout nasty things at you, hear they yell 'Good Morning' :encouragement:

First do what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you have done the impossible. - Franz von Assisi

Challenges: 1st, Current

Archived