Forums are back in action! ×

New Nerd! Intro?!

Hello,

I have been following and reading this blog for about a week. I've learned a lot, and some of this has spoken to me, and quite loudly might I say. Especially the recent being weird post. I can now proudly say that I'm weird and don't care.

About me,

• I'm currently a senior at WVU majoring in Management Information Systems, and I'm the VP of MISA (group for our major) I'm currently doing lots of work on mobile applications and server work.
  • I am a member of the WVU Marching Band. (Rank Leader currently) (Nerdy enough yet?!?)
  • I am also the founder/president of the WVU Bowling Club. (Between this and band, I literally have no free weekends until Thanksgiving)
  • I am currently a Junior HRIS analyst at the Administrative Technology Solutions department at the university.
  • Starting October 1st I will commute 1hr every Mon-Wed-Fri to start a new internship with a consulting company in their Business Intelligence section. :onthego:

I am quite busy, but also work hard to keep healthy. I almost always find time to workout or run. I've been doing the beginner bodyweight workout for about a week and a half now, Slowly want to work my way up to the advanced bodyweight workout. I'm not really interested in getting big muscles or anything, I'm more interested in looking good without my shirt on, and also want to be a good all around athlete. (I play many sports from Ultimate to Football to Basketball)

I'll start with a background of myself, I worked in fast food for two and a half years from my junior year in HS till I left for college. When I got to college, I worked for a pub, where within a month I was promoted to supervisor. You can tell where this is not good for me. My sophomore year I switched to the bowling alley (my passion) that the pub is attached to and also worked my way up to supervisor there, till last year. Same bad temptations of free pop and easy access to the same food.

I started this fitness journey two summers ago whenever I decided I was sick of being big. I was around 230lbs (at least) and 6'2". I started to play basketball at our student rec center and worked out and got down to around 220lbs, then I tore all the ligaments in my right foot, and chipped my ankle bone all in one basketball fall. That started my eating right 'campaign'.

That's where MyFitnessPal came in. I use it religiously and it keeps me thinking about what I consume. Hit my up on there if you're a member. Tony2009. I got down to a low of 194lbs that summer with just eating less, not healthy though.

School hit, and so did the not keeping up with my eating and exercise. Mostly the eating. Well, forward to this summer, and I was 205 or so lbs, and decided to clean up my diet and work hard. So I did it, I am now around 180lbs and happy with my body. I feel great and I'd like to think for the first time in my life I don't look too bad.

I just thought joining this would help me to find others who can help to support me. :victorious:

Also, sorry for this scrambled mess and for it being so long. :culpability:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Elan Assassin

STR: 3 | DEX: 3 | CON: 1.5 | STA: 3 | WIS: 3 | CHA: 1.5

Better sore than sorry.

Current Challenge: Sept. 24th-Nov.5th

Welcome!! I am on MFP too. I haven't been tracking the past few weeks, mostly because I've been eating the same ol' things over and over again. I follow a primal lifestyle and it can get repetitive. :) BUT! I plan to start tracking again tomorrow, a head start on the upcoming 6wk challenge.

Props for the hard work you have put in! You are to be commended, indeed. Glad to have you here, look forward to seeing you around the forums! :)

Welcome! It sounds like you're learning what works and what doesn't with your diet, and that's huge. You've hit some awesome accomplishments already; it'll be fun watching you reach even more here.

Starting October 1st I will commute 1hr every Mon-Wed-Fri to start a new internship with a consulting company in their Business Intelligence section.

Sounds like industrial espionage to me. Somebody better call Section 9.

MotokoKusanagi.jpg

Wood Elf Ranger

LEVEL 1, It don't mean a thing if I don't hear that ding: My Epic Quest

Archived