Forums are back in action! ×

e-readers?

CalvinHobbes

While I dearly love my Kindle, my one complaint is the lack of interoperability between devices. Should a better device come out in the future that doesn't support the kindle format, I'm screwed if I want to re-read a book that I have purchased. I don't like that. I feel that if I have bought the book once, I shouldn't have to buy it again and again. I also don't like that I can't share all my books. That is one of the best things about books is being able to share them with friends. Yes, I know you can loan out certain kindle books, but its not the same.

there are ways to liberate your ebook from DRM. i'm not advocating this, but, it is out there. and really easy. i also have a program that allows me to read non kindle formatted books on my kindle. this is good for when the library only has epub format and not .mobi. i can download the epub and convert it so my kindle can read it.

"Come with me if you want to lift" -The Brominator

"Later, I would learn that coincidences are the most planned things in the world. Later, I would learn that every single moment is a coincidence." - Douglas Coupland

"Anyone who doesn't want french fries every day is a commie." - AngelaTheGeek

Current Challenge

INSTAGRAM!!

find me on twitter

Archived