Forums are back in action! ×

First full week incorporating NF advice, 3 running PBs

dajve

I feel a bit cheeky posting a Woot after only registering on the forums for a couple of days, but considering how much this post has to do with the advice I've picked up from the site, I feel it's appropriate.

I'd already planned to start my speed / strength training phase this week (first week back after holiday and resting an achilles injury) but I started reading Steve's posts and something clicked, so I decided to up my calorie intake and add some additional exercises to help build muscle. More importantly, I realised that aiming for a calorie surplus each day was actually something I should feel positive about, rather than being scared it would undo the last 9 months' work.

Well, the net result (and this is no doubt predominantly from the dietary tweaks / caloric surplus) is:

• Shaving 21 seconds off my 5K PB (19:07 to 18:46)
  • Shaving 4:16 off my 10 mile PB (1:16:50 to 1:12:34)
  • Logging more miles and running activities ever in a week (60.9 miles, 11 activities)

I've also had so much more energy and am enjoying training more than ever.

So, I guess this post is part w00t but mainly just a massive thanks to Nerd Fitness for changing my whole outlook and, with it, my performance. I really do feel like I've found my Yoda in Steve and my Jedi Council through these boards. Thank you all! =oD

Archived