Forums are back in action! ×

Getting battle ready

Aqweei

What do you guys do to prepare yourselves for the upcoming challenge?

Im going to print off a calendar so I can X off each of the days I complete the challenge 100%

Going to type up a list of things I need to remember so I can attain that 100%

and Im going to spend the rest of the day relaxing, because tomorrow is GO TIME!

Just thought we could share some tips and hopefully get each other pumped and motivated.:positive:

Wandering WarriorLevel 4- STR: 7.5 | DEX: 1 | CON: 7 | STA: 7.5 | WIS: 10 | CHA: 4.25"Your future is created by what you do TODAY, not tomorrow"

Battle Log | Fitocracy

Lifting Goals: Squats - 545 | Bench - 410 | Deads - 585 

I've actually started a quick little Wordpress blog pretty much dedicated to this (as a very OCD web developer, I guess this was always on the cards!). It's not online yet, but I'll be adding pages and blog posts to it regularly to keep me prepared and motivated. It'll be online this week, in case you're interested in checking it out, and I'd be happy to help you out if you were interested in doing something similar?

I've actually started a quick little Wordpress blog pretty much dedicated to this (as a very OCD web developer, I guess this was always on the cards!). It's not online yet, but I'll be adding pages and blog posts to it regularly to keep me prepared and motivated. It'll be online this week, in case you're interested in checking it out, and I'd be happy to help you out if you were interested in doing something similar?

Thats a great idea and I may take you up on the offer in the future! Right now Im going to just try to keep my daily battle log going lol. If I can keep that going for the full 6 weeks, it may be time to start a blog. (Im just gonna say its unlikely... Im gonna try, but unlikely lol)

Wandering WarriorLevel 4- STR: 7.5 | DEX: 1 | CON: 7 | STA: 7.5 | WIS: 10 | CHA: 4.25"Your future is created by what you do TODAY, not tomorrow"

Battle Log | Fitocracy

Sounds like a good plan to me. I've been gradually increasing the amount I write in my reports on RunKeeper and CalorieCount, so I'm pretty confident I can just transfer that work into updates on the blog; would have been more daunting to have just jumped into blogging, I think. Anyways, good luck with it and give me a shout when you need.

Yea, I use Livestrong.com myself. I actually just finished making notebooks for my fiance and myself. Included in said notebooks are a 2 month calendar so we can mark off our successful days, a copy of our 6 week goals and motivational quotes, a copy of angry birds for her/my own workout for myself, and a friendly little note to her letting her know that it will all be worth it in the end.

Battle Log | Fitocracy

One thing I've started doing is telling friends of mine about what I'm challenging myself to in the next six weeks. They always look at me weird, so now I have a reason to look weird to them. And, bonus: if they catch me not doing what I say I'll do, they can call me out on it.

One thing I've started doing is telling friends of mine about what I'm challenging myself to in the next six weeks. They always look at me weird, so now I have a reason to look weird to them. And, bonus: if they catch me not doing what I say I'll do, they can call me out on it.

Thats a good idea. Hopefully they will stick to it and call you out if you do slack.

Battle Log | Fitocracy

I posted my goals on FB. There was a long thread running around the Rebel Camp about announcing goals and how they can be bad for some people. I am generally not one of those types and announced my goals as an FYI. I write my workouts and such under my challenge thread and just go about my business.

Just my 2 cps worth

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Level 2 Elven Ranger

STR - 7.2 Dex - 2 Sta - 7 Con - 4 Wis - 3 CHA - 4

"Do or Do Not. There is no try."

"Why do we fall sir? So we might learn to pick ourselves up ."

Round 2 - Faster, Stronger, Leaner and more Pious?

Lefeux's Ranger Conquest

Workout Log

Archived