Forums are back in action! ×

MEN ONLY THREAD part two

I agree knowing why it didn't work out in round one will give you an indication why it won't work round two.

You could always just be friends....sometimes friends is good too.

Why put the extra pressure on the relationship.

Unit562, level 4 Clone Ranger

STR 7.5 | DEX 2 | STA 5.5 | CON 8 | WIS 10  | CHA 6

Level 1 Level 2 Level 3 Level 4 Level 5

Ranger Guild image

When the student is ready, the teacher will appear.

A good plan executed well is ALWAYS better than the most perfect plan not executed at all.

Know what feels awesome after a shower after a workout? Putting Gold Bond on the ol' sack. It's like tiny angel kisses on the bait 'n tackle. Keeps you dry, which is the greater benefit.

[TABLE=width: 500, align: left]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

jdcole, level 1 Orc ranger

STR 4|DEX 2|STA 1|CON 4|WIS 2|CHA 2

[/TABLE]

Snake: Fantastic reply.

I'll have to go back and watch Hitch again as a result of this conversation. The first time I watched Hitch, it felt like I was seeing Vindication for being a nice guy; I didn't feel alone or strange, and the after glow of that lasted for weeks. Years later, I have no regrets about my choices in my behavior or how I relate to and respect women, as I'm one of the only people I know who's happily married; most other people I know who either A.) weren't confident in themselves or B.) didn't view women as equal to themselves have already been divorced by now.

TheRedWriter

Level 3 Doppelganger Ranger
"Think not that you have to win. Think instead that you do not have to loose."
STR 8|DEX 4.5|STA 11|CON 6|WIS 6.5|CHA 5

Guest Snake McClain
Whole? Even the bones and beak??

uhm....no. but i will eat the feathers.

Know what feels awesome after a shower after a workout? Putting Gold Bond on the ol' sack. It's like tiny angel kisses on the bait 'n tackle. Keeps you dry, which is the greater benefit.

really? i feel like this is a trick.

Snake: Fantastic reply.

I'll have to go back and watch Hitch again as a result of this conversation. The first time I watched Hitch, it felt like I was seeing Vindication for being a nice guy; I didn't feel alone or strange, and the after glow of that lasted for weeks. Years later, I have no regrets about my choices in my behavior or how I relate to and respect women, as I'm one of the only people I know who's happily married; most other people I know who either A.) weren't confident in themselves or B.) didn't view women as equal to themselves have already been divorced by now.

ultimately it all comes down (from all i've read and seen and tried myself) to: 1) being confident in WHO YOU ARE. not a cocky douche bag. just being confident and comfortable with yourself. 2) being funny. 3) doing the small things to make attraction in a physical sense. i.e. touching them a bit (on the arm hands etc). imposing yourself into their personal space. but not in a psycho stalker way. you'll know if it's unfomfortable. and 4) ALWAYS talk to women as if you know them. If its your first date dont make first date chit chat. walk into the restaurant/bar/whatever and say something like "did you see that guy in the red scarf? what was he thinking?" dont be like "so whats your job like. so whats your family like." talk to them like you know them.

thats all i got right now.

EDIT: Basically find out what the pick up artist community is doing. then do that. Except DONT BE A FUCKING DOUCHE BAG. (i.e. for me this means do not go out and JUST try to get laid. thats my thing though. you can do what you want.)

Clarification: Gold Bond powder, gold bottle w/red cap. Don't use the blue bottle w/red cap (that one is for feet/shoes). There's a green bottle w/red cap that is also for the body, but I haven't tried it.

[TABLE=width: 500, align: left]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

jdcole, level 1 Orc ranger

STR 4|DEX 2|STA 1|CON 4|WIS 2|CHA 2

[/TABLE]

EDIT: Basically find out what the pick up artist community is doing. then do that. Except DONT BE A FUCKING DOUCHE BAG. (i.e. for me this means do not go out and JUST try to get laid. thats my thing though. you can do what you want.)

That's my approach. I understand why the standard PUA stuff works, but it just feels so disingenuous to do that stuff only as a trick. For example, blowing off dates or ignoring them for a few days. Why do things like that to SEEM more busy, when I can just BE more busy.

Why pretend to be the type of person who has these traits, when I can't just become that person?

Clarification: Gold Bond powder, gold bottle w/red cap. Don't use the blue bottle w/red cap (that one is for feet/shoes). There's a green bottle w/red cap that is also for the body, but I haven't tried it.

I've tried gold bond before and have seen no benefit. It's actually caused problems for me, but I think I just have sensitive skin.

"Oh, fear not in a world like this, And thou shalt know erelong, Know how sublime a thing it is, To suffer and be strong."  - Henry Wadsworth Longfellow -

Battle Log - MyFitnessPal - FitBIt

To get something you've never had, you have to become someone you've never been.

Guest Snake McClain
That's my approach. I understand why the standard PUA stuff works, but it just feels so disingenuous to do that stuff only as a trick. For example, blowing off dates or ignoring them for a few days. Why do things like that to SEEM more busy, when I can just BE more busy.

Why pretend to be the type of person who has these traits, when I can't just become that person?

exactly

Thank goodness for wikipedia. I had no idea what you chaps were talking about.

As long as you don't mix it up with your Deep Heat...

What happens when you play Final Fantasy VII with everyone called Cloud?

It gets quite confusing... https://ff7crowdofclouds.wordpress.com/

I was a student-trainer in high school (glorified waterboy with a rudimentary medical training, I taped a lot of ankles and made a lot of icepacks). One day in the training room, another student trainer was messing around with the icy-hot. The head trainer said, "Don't scratch your balls when you've been messing with that stuff." Right away, guess what the other guy did (seriously, hands down his shorts and everything)? Nothing happened for a little bit, then his eyes got big, he grabbed his crotch, and fell into a modified fetal position. I think something else happened, but my vision was blurred by the tears generated by my uproarious laughter.

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

I can't believe I did not know of this thread.

Thank goodness for wikipedia. I had no idea what you chaps were talking about.

As long as you don't mix it up with your Deep Heat...

The Medicated Gold Bond will be like putting icy hot on the nuggets. Being a bigger guy, sometimes my legs will rub together and take some skin down and I use this. Sucks bad for about 5 minutes, but it helps heal much faster. I would rather it suck 5 minutes than 5 days.

Level 3 Ogre Noob Adventurer

Str: 10.5 Con: 6.5

Dex: 3 WIS: 6.5

STA: 4 CHA: 3

Weighty Quest!

"You are afraid to die, and you’re afraid to live.

What a way to exist.†– Neale Donald Walsch

Epic Quest (55/100)

I was a student-trainer in high school (glorified waterboy with a rudimentary medical training, I taped a lot of ankles and made a lot of icepacks). One day in the training room, another student trainer was messing around with the icy-hot. The head trainer said, "Don't scratch your balls when you've been messing with that stuff." Right away, guess what the other guy did (seriously, hands down his shorts and everything)? Nothing happened for a little bit, then his eyes got big, he grabbed his crotch, and fell into a modified fetal position. I think something else happened, but my vision was blurred by the tears generated by my uproarious laughter.

That sounds like the best, "You had to be there" story ever. I wish I had been!

TheRedWriter

Level 3 Doppelganger Ranger
"Think not that you have to win. Think instead that you do not have to loose."
STR 8|DEX 4.5|STA 11|CON 6|WIS 6.5|CHA 5

Guest Snake McClain

here is a video a very good/close friend sent me about relationships. thought you guys would be interested. it is something i came to understand a while ago (a year or more), but upon seeing this video it really put it into words.

Hmm... Interesting video Snake, Thanks for posting.

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

My partner is always losing things. "Have you seen my watch?" "Where's the remote gone?" I can often give a precise location.

I've a touch of OCD myself (nothing crippling, just enough to make bad grammar painful) so I have proper places for all my stuff. If it isn't on me, it'll be there.

What happens when you play Final Fantasy VII with everyone called Cloud?

It gets quite confusing... https://ff7crowdofclouds.wordpress.com/

Speaking of relationships I have a question of you men. Given that this is a fitness site do you guys care about the fitness of your SO or if your single are you attracted to girls who do not workout?

Personally I don't have anything against people with a little more on their frame but it's more about what the person is doing about it. Sounds shallow but I'm not finished. If someone does not respect themselves or their body how can they expect me to? As long as someone is trying to improve themselves I find that attractive even if they aren't at a high level of fitness as long as they are trying. I am terrible at putting my thoughts into words so I hope that made sense :P

Semper Gumby-Always FlexiblePain is weakness leaving the body.FITOCRACY

Speaking of relationships I have a question of you men. Given that this is a fitness site do you guys care about the fitness of your SO or if your single are you attracted to girls who do not workout?

I don't think it's a major issue, provided it's not at an extreme. I think it's maybe an attitude thing- if she moaned about her weight but had no intention of changing her habits, that'd be pretty annoying.

My gf has always been a bit conscious of her weight (I think she looks great, naturally curvy hourglass type figure) but is doing something about it- watching her diet, makes an effort to exercise and keeps a training log, which is more than I think most girls I've known do! I try and encourage her wherever possible, though I do worry about this coming across as 'you should lose weight.' Trying to get her to do some bodyweight exercises with me. (That's not a euphemism!)

It makes sense, often people with low self esteem have issues in relationships, and poor fitness is often a sign of low self esteem. All of that is true for me, I was never in shape because I never cared about myself enough to do what I needed rather than wanted in terms of health, that's changing. In me, the poor health choices were symptomatic of the same issues that led to making things difficult on my wife in our relationship (that's changing too, albeit more slowly). It doesn't sound like you are talking so much about appearance as mindset. If I may, you're not attracted to people who don't take care of themselves, which seems healthy enough to me. Also, in terms of compatibility, if you are making a priority of your health and fitness being with someone who also does gives a lot of common ground. On the other hand, if you care about fitness and another does not, your good habits might make the other uncomfortable with bad habits, and a source of conflict.

As for do us non-single guys care about our SO's fitness, I think anyone who is not a sociopath would care about that in that it has to do with the SO's well being. I care about mine, and fortunately she is working on her fitness, in fact, it was her working out that got me in gear to start taking care of myself which led to me finding NF.

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Of course I care. Fitness impacts health and health impacts everything in ways that are hard to imagine if you've never been with someone with health challenges. And if I were single, it would definitely be part of my 'search criteria'.

wildross - warriors count tons, not reps

Warriors don't count reps and sets. They count tons.

My psychologist weighs 45 pounds, has an iron soul and sits on the end of a bar

Tally Sheet for 2019

Encouragement for older members: Chronologically Blessed Group;

Encouragement for newbie lifters: When we were weaker

Of course I care. Fitness impacts health and health impacts everything in ways that are hard to imagine if you've never been with someone with health challenges. And if I were single, it would definitely be part of my 'search criteria'.

wildross - warriors count tons, not reps

As a single man, it is definitely in my search criteria. Even if it is not lifting, they have to enjoy being an active individual.

"Pull the bar like you're ripping the head off a god-damned lion" - Donny Shankle