Forums are back in action! ×

MEN ONLY THREAD part two

Oh, and thanks for the brutal honestly man :) I'm not being sarcastic, I genuinely mean that. Every now and then it helps to receive a proverbial smack upside the head to go with a "what the hell dude? Man up!"

"Oh, fear not in a world like this, And thou shalt know erelong, Know how sublime a thing it is, To suffer and be strong."  - Henry Wadsworth Longfellow -

Battle Log - MyFitnessPal - FitBIt

To get something you've never had, you have to become someone you've never been.

Buddy I love you but man I want to slap you right now...

I think that was a very effective slap. Or, given the word count, being slapped by a machine gun. I pretty much agree with all of it, though that may not account for much given the number of women I've dated is zero!

What happens when you play Final Fantasy VII with everyone called Cloud?

It gets quite confusing... https://ff7crowdofclouds.wordpress.com/

Guest Snake McClain
I think that was a very effective slap. Or, given the word count, being slapped by a machine gun. I pretty much agree with all of it, though that may not account for much given the number of women I've dated is zero!

lol

Alright, I had a really long response to this typed out and I hit the back button by mistake and deleted it. I'm a bit pissed. But I just saw this from you and church....

Buddy I love you but man I want to slap you right now. Dude you are totally friend zoned. But that doesn't mean you can't do something about it. First off "To lead her astray goes against everything that defines you as a man."? Are you fucking kidding me right now? Dude what DEFINES YOU AS A MAN should be, "Hey I want that thing. And as a MAN i'm going to FUCKING TAKE IT!" One way or another. Or you will "die trying". You want to get un-friend zoned? Go to the pick up artist community and look up how they get out of the friend zone. But I can tell you this it starts by not being a sissy. You don't want to give her bad advice, but Church buddy, you dont HAVE TO GIVE HER ANY ADVICE!!!!  Step one to get un friend zoned with this one is most likely going to be saying to her, "Hey you know what [insert her name here], I really don't want to hear this crap any more." 

You want this woman's attention in a "sexual way" (as in anything that isn't just friends), you need to adjust what you're doing. First off yes you need to tell her how you feel. But not yet. You need to slowly change how you are acting around her. Slowly doesn't mean over two months time...or hell even ONE months time. It can take two weeks. But you need to get out of the friend zone if you want a chance with her and I'm telling you this is completely possible. I'm being serious. google this "get out of the friend zone pick up community" you will find answers. Yes the pick up artist community is sleazy. But those efforts can also be used as TOOLS to get a woman's attention on YOU and then you can make that a meaningful relationship. The shit works. Think of the movie HITCH with will smith. he is using and teaching pick up artist tools but he is also trying to build long lasting relationships. Its totally easy and totally doable. how do i know this? Well i'll tell you my friend,

First off after my last relationship (the one everyone in this thread knows about) where i got used back and forth and was an idiot for it, she made a comment to me that really bothered me (later i found it to be completely untrue but still it rattled the cages of my confidence). She said she didn't think i could be attractive sexually. physically i'm attractive but not sexually. When we broke up what did i do? Literally started reading everything i possibly could about what makes women want a man. Pick up artist stuff. a book called "Attraction isnt a choice" (you can totally get this online for free just google it). Now that said i went ahead and started flirting with women. not hitting on them but FLIRTING. making them laugh...and then they started offering me their numbers. so i did this for a while to prove a point to myself. I litereally dated 12 different women in like 2 or 3 weeks. it was ridiculous. and they were throwing themselves at me. I did NOT accept these offers as that is where I am different than the pick up artist community. but i was having fun. Now....while all this is happening I've been getting really close to this young lady i know (not really young shes my age) and as we are becoming closer friends i was never friend zoned so this is where its a bit different, but still i'd be on dates and when i had a free minute i'd be texting her, so i realized (hey i dont want to date someone else i want to date her...weird). So what did i do? I stopped dating everyone else, and pursued what I could with this gal I'm seeing now. I was just myself but a confident, funny and Take what I want attitude version of it. And now i have a solid relationship with someone I've known for about a year. We have a friendship built on similar interests and backgrounds but I never put myself in "friend zone" territory. SO now you just have to find out to get out of the friend zone and then flirt your ass off with her. 

The number one rule here though is this. Be OUTCOME INDEPENDENT! You need to realize that there are a million different women on this earth. and if you lose this one as a friend or potential girlfriend whatever guess what...THERE IS SOMEONE ELSE! you have this attitude and it will come through and you wont seem needy. you'll seem AWESOME! 

I have some links for sites you can read if you feel like pursuing some information. I dont like to paste these sites on the forum because i'm not a fan of everything they promote just the tools they use to get a woman's attention. 

so in short. yes tell her. but wait until you've proven to her that you're a man she doesn't want to lose. and you do not prove that by buying her shit and being her best friend when she wines about men.

This was actually a really good read. And everything about it is absolutely true. 

Alright, I had a really long response to this typed out and I hit the back button by mistake and deleted it. I'm a bit pissed. But I just saw this from you and church....

If you're using Firefox, install Lazarus

Ever had one of those "oh $*#@" moments when you realize you've just lost half an hour of your life because something went wrong while you were entering stuff into a web form and there doesn't seem to be any way to recover it? If so, you need Lazarus. If not, install it anyway, before disaster strikes!

Lazarus securely saves forms as you type, allowing you to safely recover your lost work after server timeouts, network issues, browser crashes, power failures, and all the other things that can go wrong while you're entering forms, editing content, writing webmail, etc, etc, etc...

Lazarus works on ordinary web forms, WYSIWYG editors, and even AJAXified comment boxes, and will save you from pretty much any given server, browser, or connection problems that might otherwise cause you to lose your work, or that really pithy blog comment you struggled on for over an hour.

Lazarus 2.3 uses RSA and AES hybrid encryption, so your form history is more private and secure than ever! Lazarus also includes search functionality so you can recover text even if you can no longer find the original form you entered it into.

I imagine there are similar things for other browsers.

Corben, level 1 Hobbit scoutSTR 2|DEX 2|STA 3|CON 3|WIS 3|CHA 2

Guest Snake McClain

CAMPING TRIP! AHHHHHHHHHHH!

Okay so we are at the beginning of a new year and I want to plan something BIG for the men's only thread (and all nerd rebels around the globe/country/state/wherever you are and want to come).

I've mentioned a few times about doing a men's only camping trip sometime and now I think it's a great idea to set that up.

Since we are in the dead of winter in Indiana it's a good idea to plan this thing out in advance and pick a where and win and who is interested. I'll probably start a meet up thread.

Note I think it's wise to do this a couple of different ways. 

1st find out who all would be interested.

2nd find the most centrally located spot (on average) from those men interested and pick a spot in that territory. so say most of us are from the south, east coast, and mid west. we could pick some where in north eastern tennessee or something. make sense?

So if i can get a decent amount of people interested (probably at least ten??) we should be a go. The more the better of course because I'd love to do some fun team up stuff. obstacle courses or hiking challenges. again something we all come up with and decide on together. games we could all play some how out camping.

So who's interested?

I'd totally be down if I can make it. But I'm confused by these "camping games" you refer to. I'm only familiar with drinking, fishing and cooking things over the fire. All of which can benefit from the addition of drinking (even drinking!). :D

"Oh, fear not in a world like this, And thou shalt know erelong, Know how sublime a thing it is, To suffer and be strong."  - Henry Wadsworth Longfellow -

To get something you've never had, you have to become someone you've never been.

I'd be down, I'm in the Pacific North West.

And my favorite camping game (which was really dumb) was called "Bear" where you find a semi rotting piece of wood, smack it against a tree, sending part of it flying.  The goal is to angle the flying wood to hit your buddy. You yell Bear everytime you hit the stick against the tree. Fun all around (until someone gets hurt :P)

Guest Snake McClain
I'd totally be down if I can make it. But I'm confused by these "camping games" you refer to. I'm only familiar with drinking, fishing and cooking things over the fire. All of which can benefit from the addition of drinking (even drinking!). :D

I love this! maybe, we have one day/afternoon we all meet up. then we relax that night. a few beers and food. the next day we do an obstacle course or physical challenge of some kind. then that night the winners drink in celebration. and the not winners (who win anyway because its fun) drink to celebrate the winners. Everyone wins. because beer. and meat.

I'd be down, I'm in the Pacific North West.

And my favorite camping game (which was really dumb) was called "Bear" where you find a semi rotting piece of wood, smack it against a tree, sending part of it flying.  The goal is to angle the flying wood to hit your buddy. You yell Bear everytime you hit the stick against the tree. Fun all around (until someone gets hurt :tongue:)

I like this game. :D

I would to camp with you guys, but I'm on the West coast of the US, so I think I'd throw off the meet-up location if I threw my hat into that ring. So I'll just offer my support :P

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

I would to camp with you guys, but I'm on the West coast of the US, so I think I'd throw off the meet-up location if I threw my hat into that ring. So I'll just offer my support :P

thats ok dude. I live in Alberta! Lol.

Guest Snake McClain
I would to camp with you guys, but I'm on the West coast of the US, so I think I'd throw off the meet-up location if I threw my hat into that ring. So I'll just offer my support :tongue:

thats ok dude. I live in Alberta! Lol.

location doesnt matter. everyone is welcome. it already looks like we'd want to be somewhere in central/north central u.s. to make it even. which can have some great camping locales and would be a great central spot for everyone to travel to. This could be really great. Wondering if I should start a dedicated meetup thread.

i'm sorry i'm really confused, what other issue? i am not having an issue with any girl/woman at all. the girl i was having issues with in the past (the one you are mentioning above) is long gone and in fact the last time i talked to her i had to tell her in no uncertain terms to never talk to me again. since then i met someone (first date was thanksgiving evening) and we've been doing great and are going to continue to. she was there for me when my aunt died and my family was going through a tough spot. she's the best, so i'm confused a bit here. elaborate?

I'm sorry Snake, I hadn't been online in a while and read your dead lift post and then Church's post below and for some reason thought it was you on both posts, that's what I get for reading so fast to catch up. 

Just a brief update on my (lack of a) love life. I'm not sure if I'm "in love" or just pining my life away. But after this last week it has been made abundantly clear that I have rather strong feelings for her, and that I need to tell her that "just friends" isn't going to work for me any more. It just hurts too much to hear about guys that aren't me. And I DO (and will continue to) hear about those guys, because we're best friends. It just kills me that she often seeks advice about other guys :( which I've given, because to lead her astray would go against everything that defines me as a man. So I give her sound advice, even when it hurts like nothing has ever hurt before. But I really don't want to do this any more. I care deeply for her, and at this point she needs to know. So that we can either give it a shot, or we can go our separate ways, so that I can have closure and begin to heal (obviously I'd prefer the first outcome over the second) So if they ever let me out of work, (so far there's no word if/when that'll happen), I'll have to talk with her and lay it all out. Wish me luck gents. P.S. - I'm SUPER sleep deprived, so I apologized if none of that made any sense

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Oh right, I'm in Southern California, So based on everyone's location, I'm practically the furthest away from you guys as you can possibly be in the US. :P

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

That just sounds like the perfect set up for a multi-national challenge/Olympic endeavor. Just saying.

RisenPhoenix, the Entish Aikidoka

Challenge: RisenPhoenix Turns to Ash

"The essence of koryu [...is] you offer your loyalty to something that you choose to regard as greater than yourself so that you will, someday, be able to offer service to something that truly is transcendent." ~ Ellis Amdur, Old School