Forums are back in action! ×

No more excuses!

Hey hey!

I'm a library assistant/group fit instructor from New Zealand who has definitely fallen from grace, whoopsy. I got into (in hindsight, ah glorious but completely time-wasting hindsight) amazing shape for a pageant (don't judge me!) earlier this year but lost condition and all of my willpower once the darn thing was over. I stumbled across Nerd Fitness today and I love the vibe here - I think it's going to be a great place for me to have some accountability and support to get back to being more comfortable in my skin. Being a group fit instructor, the majority of my focus has always been cardio cardio cardio, with the exception of barbell and core classes. Pre-pageant, I started getting in to some higher resistance/lower-rep weight training and found this really sculpted me up. For a variety of ridiculous reasons/excuses this all fell off the radar post-pageant and my body has begun to err on the side of squidgy. I've been stuck in a vicious cycle of successes and epic failures ever since. Cue the flu. I've been sick for the past week with this completely ridiculous flu which I think may have been a blessing in disguise because I've had lots of time to think about all the stupid things I've put my poor body through recently. Long story short, self-pity party time is over and I'm keen to recover fully, get back into the gym and start lifting some decent weights again. Yay!

Downside of flu. Started playing Baldurs Gate again. Not sure what prompted that.

Archived