Forums are back in action! ×

Calling All Drummers

Warwolf

Howdy. So I have a question for all of ya'll who bring the thunder (or just play drums like normal people, pshh).

Life has been good and thus my band has been blessed with decent gigs every couple of days.

My concern is with working out. I'm afraid to work out the night before (or in cases of the Advanced Bodyweight Workout 2-3 nights before) a show because I'm worried about being sore or fatigued and messing up. Also, one of my 6-week goals involves climbing sideways a fairly long distance that takes a hefty toll on my hands even with gloves.

So does anybody have any recommendations or similar conundrums with how to stick to your workouts (and make progress) without crippling your ability to play well the following night? Any advice is appreciated!

-Warwolf

The body is just a vehicle for the soul...

I wanna build a racecar!

LV. 4 Lycan Assassin STR: STA: 10CON: 8.25  WIS: 5CHA: 4.5   DEX: 3.50

Past Challenges: {1} {2} {3}

I don't play gigs, but I totally understand what you mean about getting a good work out in and then sitting behind the set the day after and feeling it; arms feel so heavy lol

All I know is if I had a paying gig the next day I might cut back on my work out a little bit and try to make up for it after the gig

Between a rock and a hard place, use our finger nails to climb, it's all we know..........

Daily Mile

Perfer et obdura: Dolor hic tibi proderit olim

Thanks DJ! Yeah that's kind of what I've been trying to do but getting myself to work out when you get home at 3:00am is like @_@ . I wish drumming didn't use all 4 limbs, this would be a lot easier :tongue:

The body is just a vehicle for the soul...

I wanna build a racecar!

LV. 4 Lycan Assassin STR: STA: 10CON: 8.25  WIS: 5CHA: 4.5   DEX: 3.50

Past Challenges: {1} {2} {3}

Archived