Forums are back in action! ×

Run for Your Lives, FAIL

spatzcat

Ouch! And really stupid race organizers, not having something tied down?! I hope they are reimbursing you for the medical costs

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

oh my gosh thats horrible!!! I hope you're healing ok?!?!

My Blog | My Story

Race: Wood Elf | Class: Footpath Ranger Leader

Level18 (STR):44.25 (DEX):37.25 (STA):30 (CON):31.25 (WIS):31.5 (CHA):25.25

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke

"Love does not throw the book at you because love doesn't have a book to throw." -CS Lewis

legal soapbox: whoever put on this race is liable for your injury. If they hired or contracted some sort of service to put up the tents, they too are liable for yor injury. And possibly whoever manufactured that tent, though that's a long shot (I'd start with the first two parties).

At the very least, they owe you a return of your race fee and the cost of your stitches. At most, they'd owe you a bit more for lost income, pain and suffering, etc. Did you hire an attorney? (Cause if not, it might be a good idea...) Anyway, I hope everything goes all right.

Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future.

Hylian Assassin 5'5", 143 lbs.
Half-marathon: 3:02
It is pitch dark. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Omg!!! Am soooo sorry to hear. That must have been terrible. How are you feeling now?

Stupid zombies

I AM going the distance

'Cause all I wanna do is go the distance. Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood.

I'm still so sad. I took the race so serioulsy, I trained for 4 months....those of you who know, I also wrapped my car (company car though....zombie theme)

I am talking with them, we are working on a resolution, at this point, I am not concerned, i think that they will come through with what I asked for, but we'll see.

I am from Canada, so no medical costs...

I'm healing up fine, first time I ever had stitches! my reaction was classic "oh my god! I look so cool!" hahhahaha. Hurts like a son of a bitch though, and while running more would make me feel better, I have to wait, -- walking pulls the stitches, so running would be a bad idea until this heals. Next week, I'll get back on the horse.

Never let your fear decide your fate.

Def wait so you don't pull the stitches. They'll stop hurting and itching soon enough.

Don't feel bad about not finishing the race! Geez - you survived hoardes of undead, a wind storm, tent collapse and you have a war wound to prove it. AND there is always another race. Do you still have your health flags? LOL

AM VERY GLAD you are healing!

I AM going the distance

'Cause all I wanna do is go the distance. Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood.

I was standing in that when it blew over. Metal gate slashed my leg, 7 stitches, no run for me. This was at the starting gate, not secured properly.

I'm in some back and forth with the event people, working on a resolution.

I pretty much cried for 2 days, I was so mad I didn't get to run. :(

Oh my god. That's horrific!

-jj

NF: Treedwelling assasin. Druidish leanings. Gnome.  

IRL: Amateur circus geek.  Mad cook. Mom. Mad Max junkie. 

Ugh. I'm so sorry.

At the very least, they should offer you free entry into any and all of their events, anytime, for the rest of your life.

In the meantime, this is a great opportunity to do some upper-body work, if you want to get your heart pumping and burn off some of the frustration -- push ups, pull ups, etc.

Hang in there!

LRB, Lifelong Rebel Badass  ||  June 3 challenge thread

"What I lack in ability, I make up in stubbornness" -me

"Someone busier than you is working out right now" -my mom

Archived