Forums are back in action! ×

Time to get with it!

Hello Everybody! This is my first foray into the NF forums and challenges, although I've been stalking the site since late March.

In January I tipped the scales in my doctor's office at 300 lbs. Since I'm not 7 feet tall, or even 6 feet tall, this confirmed the presence of some health issues, and the likely development of some others.

I bought a treadmill on Super Bowl Sunday, and started using it 2 days later. I'm not sure how much I lost in between January and the treadmill purchase, but starting out with my initial weigh-in I was 286lbs. By June 29th, I had made it to 235lbs, just from walking, either on a treadmill, or outdoors.

Since mid July, I have hit a MASSIVE plateau. Can't seem to lose a pound, or maybe I should say a "new" pound. Every other week I gain 5lbs, and the next week, through a combination of portion control and intermittent fasting, I lose the 5lbs. It seems like I'm holding steady at around 240, which is still way too much.

I have an overall goal of losing 100lbs in 1 year, which I think is still attainable. I'm hoping to use this challenge to get back on track. Since July I've only been out about 5 times, including today. Managed to walk 3.028 miles in 51 minutes, on variable height terrain.

Lets do this thing!!!!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Oppose the world, and it will crush you.

Outsmart the world, and it will reward you.

Archived