Forums are back in action! ×

I was a puppy in a previous life.

Hi! I'm Chicory. (Actually, chicory's just my favorite urban wildflower, but it'll do for now.) I've been lurking for a while, and finally joined and posted a challenge. Why? Because after thinking it was a good idea for a really long but being too intimidated to try, I finally picked up a barbell. (And spent the rest of the day wishing I could fast-forward to next Saturday when I can do it again.)

I'm small. I'm a girl. I look way younger than 23. I'm fast. I have a short attention span, so distance running is out. I love everything. I was probably a puppy in a previous life. I'm vegetarian, into the whole local/CSA/farmers market thing. I'm pro-local meat, too, but just don't find it appetizing myself.

I just graduated from college, where I played on a fairly decent ultimate frisbee team. I'm a civil engineer. I make computer models of reservoirs. My boss hasn't discovered my signed copy of David Brower's "Let the Mountains Talk, Let the Rivers Run," so I haven't been fired yet.

I'm really looking forward to being part of the community and asking a million and a half questions about lifting, (like the ADHD child I secretly am.) Maybe one day I'll be able to answer the same questions for others who are just starting out. Exclamation points are motivating, right?

Things that I nerd about the most:

Lord of the Rings

Heinlein

Forum-based RPGs

the original 150 Pokemon

"So You Think You Can Dance"

science, math, and stats

bicycles

EDIT: and "Firefly"

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Level 1 Adventurer

STR: 1 | DEX: 5 | STA: 3 | CON: 2 | WIS: 2 | CHA: 2