Forums are back in action! ×

What to do with chestnuts?

Sambalina

This should maybe go in the nutrition board, but it's not really a nutrition question. Recipes maybe? Please move it, mods, if need be.

Anyway, Korean thanksgiving is coming up this weekend, and I have just found on my desk a butt-ton of chestnuts (raw - I think). Seriously, there's a whole box of them - all the teachers got one from the mysterious chestnut fairy (but probably just the vice-principal).

My problem is: I have never even eaten a chestnut, let alone dealt with a whole box of them. Any help or suggestions? What can I do with them? I have a super long weekend coming up, thanks to the thanksgiving holiday, so I'm happy to make some autumn-y type food or crafts using the little buggers.

What the heck to I do with this box of nuts??

Warrior Princess
Eating Psychology Coach

Adventure's Guild Challenge winner: Challenge #24

â•‘ Live the Whole  â•‘ Bucket List â•‘Level up my Lifeâ•‘ 

"Don't ever save anything for a special occasion. Every day you're alive is a special occasion."

Excellent suggestion, Razor!

However, I just went to my desk to get my lesson plan for after school class and - My nuts have been stolen!

Yup, someone has taken off with my entire box of chestnuts. Who or why I do not know. I have the sneaking suspicion they took mine because I'm the foreign teacher - all the other teachers still had theirs sitting on their desks.

So, now I'm nut-less and feeling marginalised :(

On the bright side, I now don't need to know your chestnut ideas.

Warrior Princess
Eating Psychology Coach

Adventure's Guild Challenge winner: Challenge #24

â•‘ Live the Whole  â•‘ Bucket List â•‘Level up my Lifeâ•‘ 

"Don't ever save anything for a special occasion. Every day you're alive is a special occasion."

Archived