Forums are back in action! ×

Jumping in with both feet!

Hello Rebels! I've been reading NF for about a year now, and I love the articles and what I've seen of the community in the comments and success stories. I poked around the message boards once for a minute, but I'm pretty shy, even when hiding behind my keyboard. But then Steve announced the newest Challenge, and I've been telling myself I'm gonna get started on this whole working-out-thing, so here I am, slightly terrified but walking the proverbial plank.

So... about me... I'm a chef at a German restaurant, and as my username suggests, I enjoy anime. I also love to read, especially sci-fi & fantasy. I enjoy me some video games, though I'm still stuck in the PS2 and Wii era. I attend a fair number of conventions throughout the year, usually sci-fi/fantasy cons or gaming cons. I've got a pretty decent collection of board/card games.

So what kicked me in the butt to start this crazy adventure? At the beginning of August I majorly leveled up my life: I moved out of the house I was renting and bought a house! :glee: I was sick and tired of having roommates, so I went and got a place all to myself, and I loves it! So the last two months (minus a week at GenCon) have been filled with unpacking and settling in, buying all the bits & pieces that were missing, and taking charge of my environment. Like I said, I've been meaning to do the fitness thing 'eventually', but keep doing it all half-assed. I set up one of my rooms as the workout space, and got me one of those As Seen on TV Iron Gyms, so now I have no excuse. I just need some accountability in my life, and with the 6-week challenge here, I'll have no excuse and people cheering me on. I'm nervous, but anything I do is better than what I've been doing so far.

Plus I love RPG's and I don't get enough D&D in my life, so the RLRP makes me squee inside. :D <scurries off to go create a character>

ChefOtaku, Level 3 Half-Elf AdventurerSTR 6|DEX 5|STA 7|CON 9|WIS 8|CHA 4"Don't believe in yourself, believe in me, who believes in you!"Current Challenge: Stop Being So Lazy!

Welcome and have fun around here :)

Level 2   Human   Ranger

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------STR 7.7  CON 4.8  Battle Log  We are Rangers.DEX 2.0  WIS 2.9               We walk in the dark places no others will enter.STA 4.9  CHA 3.3               We stand on the bridge, and no one may pass.

Archived