Forums are back in action! ×

Hello from West Texas

Hi y'all,

My name is Jason and I hail from the barren lands of West Texas. Ok, not really barren, but it doesn't rain much. I stumbled across Nerd Fitness some time back but never took much time to look around. That changed recently with the menacing approach of my 30th birthday a few months away.

My quest for a better self, a healthier self, is spurred on mainly by my 2 year old son. I find myself unable to keep up with him on many occasions and the thought of maintaining this status quo as he gets older and more active worries me. I come from a family of big people, this gives us natural strength but leaves us lacking in most other fields of health.

Like most in this area my diet has been mostly meat and taters my whole life. I started eating paleo/primal a couple of months ago and have already dropped about 20 lbs. Who knew eating healthy could taste so good and buttery? As of yet I don't have a set workout plan, I just kind of do whatever feels like it needs working on whatever day. I'm planning on changing that though to get myself into better shape.

Last little bit, I tend to geek out on anything related to self reliance and survival. Not so much from preparing for the end of the world scenario, but just the satisfaction of being able to take care of myself and my family no matter what situation arises.

I look forward to this new adventure

Jason aka Puraw

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Level 1 Elan Ranger

STR: 3 | DEX: 1 | CON: 4 | STA: 2 | WIS: 3 | CHA: 2

Awan kas iti sursuro a sanikua, ta dayta awan makatakaw kenka.

Knowledge is wealth that cannot be stolen.

Archived