Forums are back in action! ×

And So My Story Begins

I am extremely excited to begin my epic quest, starting with my first 6 week challenge.

A little background, Nerd Fitness has saved my life. I moved to Japan in June, and have had a difficult time coping. I started searching on YouTube for inspiration when I came across Steve's Ted talk. I hated being here and didn't know how I was going to make it for the next three years. After watching Steve's Epic Quest talk, I gained a new outlook and knew I had to level up my own life.

I never was big on working out or going to the gym at all besides doing parkour. I liked the thought of weight training and bulking up, but I could never get a good start. The next day, I was speaking to a co-worker about my interest in starting a workout/diet plan. He shared the interest, but also the ignorance. We had no idea where to start. Reading about various workout plans, exercises, recipes etc., we still didn't get it. "Okay so day 1 do chest"...what? how much weight? what exercise? I wanted to give up before we started. I get a call later that week from him saying he has a friend that is willing to teach us. Finally, we have a solid start.

We met with his friend and he broke it down so simply. We started going to the gym every week day at 1930. I don't know why we didn't just go in after reading a workout plan and try it out. It never dawned on me to establish a base and work from there, but now I have it. Two weeks go by and I'm feeling good. Still green in nuturition and form, but just as eager to learn. I drank my protein powder and lifted heavy but soon lost motivation after our new friend went out of town for a month. I haven't been to the gym in over a week and after reading the post about the 6 week challenge, I knew I had to get back on the horse.

I'm still deciding on realistic yet challenging goals, but I have another day. At the end of this challenge, I hope to have a greater understanding of fitness, nutrition and the NF community.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

LEVEL 1 RANGER

STR 3| DEX 2 | STA 2 | CON 2 | WIS 3 | CHA 3

5'11 | 165 lbs

Live like no one else, so later you can live like no one else

Archived