Forums are back in action! ×

Time for change

Hey guys,

My name is Kyle. I am married and have two awesome daughters. I have been a "big" guy my whole life, not just weight but height as well. I am currently 6'8" 372lbs. I started my change TODAY! I started the angry birds workout this morning (I think the M word is going to be the hardest part.) After i get paid again I am looking to start a mostly paleo diet. One thing I do need are some suggestions for something to do on the days that I am not doing the angry bird work out. I think if I am just off every other day I will slip.

There are a lot of inspirations in these forums and hopefully someday I can be one too.

~Kyle

Level 3 Ogre Noob Adventurer

Str: 10.5 Con: 6.5

Dex: 3 WIS: 6.5

STA: 4 CHA: 3

Weighty Quest!

"You are afraid to die, and you’re afraid to live.

What a way to exist.†– Neale Donald Walsch

Epic Quest (55/100)

Welcome HulmeK,

Grats on deciding to make a change. As far as thing to do while not doing the angry birds, is walk. your a big guys so you don't need to a ton or high impact anything until you get that weight down quite a bit. Walking will help build everything back up nice and slow. IF you have access to a pool, try just walking laps around the pool. This is help lessen the impact to you joints. Just avoid over training.

Also get lots of sleep.

Cheers, J.

My recommendation is just move. How old are your daughters? Do they play sports you could play with them? Or I bet they'd love to spend some time at a park while you just walk around. Start with just moving!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Level 1 Kerra Adventurer

STR: 4 | DEX: 1 | CON: 1 | STA: 1 | WIS: 5 | CHA: 3

Current Challenge

“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then. â€

― Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

My daughters are 20mos. and 5 yrs. They both love the park and the eldest is in soccer right now. Definitely something I need to be doing more of with her.

Thanks for the advice guys.

Level 3 Ogre Noob Adventurer

Str: 10.5 Con: 6.5

Dex: 3 WIS: 6.5

STA: 4 CHA: 3

Weighty Quest!

"You are afraid to die, and you’re afraid to live.

What a way to exist.†– Neale Donald Walsch

Epic Quest (55/100)

Archived