Forums are back in action! ×

Doctor said YES! So here I am and COUNTING.

So, my life has been rocked and turned upside down! Starting with stress and family drama in 2005 to the slow decline of my health in 2006/2008 to my mother's death in 2009 and Cancer scare in 2010 followed by a full hysterectomy at the age of 34. With that came, serious steroids and what seemed to be uncontrollable weight gain. UGH - SO UNCOOL! Well, with not being allowed to do any type of strenuous activity (per doctors orders) I finally in August got the medical release to return to normal activity and exercise. Can I get a WOOT WOOT?

So, here I am. I've been busting my bum bum off 3x's a week doing cross-fit boot camps and watching steadily with a microscope what I eat. Since my heaviest of 212 I'm currently at 178 and still going down. I've also got a grain/dairy intolerance so I live and love the paleo/primal diet. Which helps too.

So, here is my routine. I'm a nanny to 3 different families any given week so my schedule is always crazy but this pretty much always stays the same.

3x's a week cross-fit bootcamp , which contains some of the following

Mondays - 100's (meaning, any exercise we do, we do it 100x's! Arms, legs, abs, etc. Plus at least 30min strenuous cardio.

Tuesday/Thursday's - No walk/stop workouts. Means, we go without break from one workout to another. I can give more detail of this later.

Wed/Friday's - Cardio push with muscle specification. GRUELING but I love it.

I'm still very new to this but I find it very encouraging to talk through what I've been thru and what I'm going thru to help meet a goal.

I started at 212 and my end goal is 130lbs. I'm 5'4 with a natural muscular build. I've never been super skinny and with a heavy bone mass I've never been lite so to speak.

My 6 week goal: Today I weighed in at 178.8 in 6 weeks I plan on being at least 10-12lbs lighter if not more. I think the goals you meet are the gorals that are obtainable.

So, here I go for the whole world to see! I know I can do this and just hope that no injuries happen int he process. Cross your fingers and say a prayer because here I COME.

Smiles always,

Dena B.

Smiles,

Dena B.

Archived