Forums are back in action! ×

Happy to be here!

The name's AlterStephen. Feel free to call me Stephen or Steve or whatever you like. :)

A little about myself: I'm 20 years old and I live in Utah, the best place in the world, hoping to start going to school next fall. I currently work two part-time jobs at Cinemark and Walmart (they sound like they suck, but they're really not that bad; plus I get to see movies for free at Cinemark, which is pretty much the best thing ever). It's my goal to one day become a film director and writer, already having a few ideas of films I'd love to make and books I'd love to write someday (one of my best friends and I have been putting together a story and writing a fantasy novel about it since 2005, but even though it's coming along slowly we're still very serious about it and can't wait to let the world see what we've done). I love movies and books, as well as music, art, and all things nerdy. I also play the bass guitar and I plan on learning guitar, piano, and drums, as well as taking vocal lessons, in the future. One of my loftier goals is to record an album where I do EVERYTHING: write all the songs, sing all the vocals, and play all the instruments, as well as produce it and design the cover art. That may be a ways down the road, though. :)

I also have a desire to get into shape. I've been an avid reader of Nerd Fitness for about a year now, but I never actually did anything to make it happen. I would start doing a workout for a couple weeks, and then life would happen - or at least that's what I would tell myself. I now realize that excuse is a bunch of crap. I don't want to be like this anymore. I'm ready to get real and start making actual fitness goals for me to follow, one step at a time. I am new at this but I can't wait to see what being part of this community can do.

I'm glad to be here and I hope to stick around for awhile. :)

- Stephen

"First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you win."

—Mahatma Ghandi

Welcome! :)

I can tell you from experience that NF has the power to change your life. Changed mine for sure. NF is what you make it; tons of awesome people here, lots of good info/advice, and tons of opportunities to interact. So jump in! Glad to have you here and look forward to seeing you around the forums. :)

Archived