Forums are back in action! ×

Brothers and sisters, I give to you my reasons for joining your noble rebellion

Hello all :smile-new:

I am ladymasquerade, or ladymasq for short and I have come here to change my life around.

The journey hasn't been easy, since I was 10 years old I have struggled with my weight, self esteem, happiness and worth. Throughout the years a great struggle has come to pass, but as of late I have come to terms with everything and decided to take a leap forward, a leap to a healthy and happy lifestyle that I and everybody out there deserves.

I nearly fell out of my chair when I found this website.. A place where my nerdy side and exercise collide?! could this be real??

When I see such figures as the Avengers, Jedi and those battling against Sauron on Middle Earth, I don't just see characters...no, what I see are role models. I've learnt so much from all the beautiful characters I've come across, life lessons that have made me a better and more genuine person. They've also inspired me to lose weight and really get strong and fit, I mean no superhero can kick butt and save the world if they struggle to get off the couch now can they?

As the RPG concept appeals to me extremely, I have decided to first pursue the works of a ranger and then slowly move onto an Assassin.

My character, her name is Rococo Rosedawn. She hasn't exactly had an easy life either. I mean, she was raised by a clan of light mages in the deep mountains west of Evergreen Pass, who well, started practicing necromancy secretly when she was about 14 years of age. On the eve of her 17th birthday she discovered the leader of the clan along with her parents and a few others practicing human sacrifice in one of the abandoned caverns close to the main cave when she was exploring. Upon discovering this, she ran away vowing never to use magic of any sort again and went on for months traveling across the land, training herself in the woods and helping people whenever she had the chance.

Now her goal is to build her strength, with no magical influences and prove that she isn't her family, then eventually go on to join the infamous Assassins Guild to bring those who do any wrong to justice.

I'm sick of looking down to flab every morning, I'm sick of feeling sorry for myself as well! I get so scared to wear most clothing out in public, as I feel the eye is on me all the time. (The eye of public judgement...or Sauron!!!...) I want do things like wear cute clothes, do amazing cosplays, medieval fairs, LARPing!!! oh there's so many possibilities!!

A big cosplay goal is to dress as a Forsworn (skyrim) for next years convention. Female that is, and I want a rocking body to pull it off and feel awesome as well!

It is an honor to meet you all! and may your journeys be amazing and successful! :star:

'Do, or do not. There is no try' - Jedi Master Yoda.

[TABLE=width: 500, align: left]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Rococo, Level 1 Half Human/Half Wood-Elf Assassin

STR 1|DEX 2|STA 3|CON 3|WIS 3|CHA 3

[/TABLE]

I'm new too! Good luck leveling up! Congrats on coming so far in your personal reflections. That's incredible! I think that this next step will be easy-peasy by comparison :) 'Tho I'm sure you've picked a right challenging way to start. Did you also join the challenge? PS why assassin? I'm a tracer (intentional gender-neutral misspell) myself! I just found an incredible vid of a female tracer (traceuse, whatevsss). Check it out

if you're interested. Woah, sidetracked! Anyway, welcome! :D

RANGER LV. 1 STR: 2 | DEX: 3 | CON: 2 | STA: 2 | WIS: 4 | CHA: 3 |

Intro | 1st Challenge | Fitocracy

1RM (lbs) SQT 225 | DL 245 | DB BP 70 | OHP 100 | FSQT 191 | C&J 152 | 5k 20'00"

Thankyou so much, I've been on/off healthy living for a while but lately I'd found i have loss the majority of my motivation. Until i found nerdfitness that is :)

I joined the assassins because I took a profile test that said i'm most compatable with them, also I have a personal interest in trying to develop my flexability/parkour skills as well as long distance running....and well doing all the badass assassin things.

I also watched that video you sent me and that was incredible!!, I'd love to be a tracer (also into gender-neutral terms >< ) like you one day, it'd be so great

Let me know if you'd like to talk anytime! I might message you for some parkour tips one day

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

[/TABLE]

Best of luck in your journey! I've just started getting into NF as well, and it's great to see another person interested in parkour and the assassins. Such a cool sort of thing to do! I thought the character bio was a cool touch too. Though when I read your mention of the Avengers, Jedi, etc. fighting against Sauron my brain thought it said all of those groups were fighting Sauron at once --- I think the nerd part of me might've went a little silly with the thought process, haha.

Keep it up, you'll do awesome! Woooo! :D

[sIGPIC]

http://nerdfitness.com/community/AdventurerCrest.jpeg[/sIGPIC]

Caydo

"Be the main course, not the side dish!"

Half-Lycan Adventurer

| Level 1 |

| STR 2 | DEX 2 | STA 3 | CON 3 | WIS 3 | CHA 2 |

Thankyou so much! I'm so glad that I joined the assassins and now trying to develop my parkour skills...I've fallen into a world of awesome.

The character bio is only a short summary of my character (since i can't really write well it doesn't explain it properly or sound very professional :P)

That combo against Sauron would indeed be freaking awesome, though Sauron would most likely get defeated within a day if Iron man just flies over the wall, dodges all the nazgul and drops the ring into mount doom....*help me my nerd senses are going crazy!*

I really hope I do, and good luck to you as well kind Caydo!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

[/TABLE]

Surely the next version will nerf Iron Man. The good ones always get nerf'd D': Good luck on the journey! I'm always down for questions :3 I'm restarting learning, myself, so I'll have lots to share :) Oh, are you doing the challenge? I forget =.=

RANGER LV. 1 STR: 2 | DEX: 3 | CON: 2 | STA: 2 | WIS: 4 | CHA: 3 |

Intro | 1st Challenge | Fitocracy

1RM (lbs) SQT 225 | DL 245 | DB BP 70 | OHP 100 | FSQT 191 | C&J 152 | 5k 20'00"

Archived