Forums are back in action! ×

Geeky Girl Joining In!

Hello All,

I've been following the NerdFitness blog for about 6 months now and was instantly hooked (mostly because of the video links - who thought baby goats jumping around would be so mesmerizing) and just started to lurk around these forums last week. Well, I told myself that the next challenge coming up I would join in, so here I am joining in.

Quick mini bio: Just now I am starting to come out of a quarter-life crisis of sorts. About five years ago I quite my good-at-it-but-not-my-love job to go to school full time so that I could work in the field I loved. I got that job, but didn't end up loving it, in fact I got very depressed thinking that I had made the wrong choice. I gave up things I loved like reading and walking everywhere and gained almost 50lbs. This goes on for about 3 years. Until we come to now, where like a lightbulb crashing down on my head I realize that you make your own situation - good or bad - out of every day. Nothing will ever change unless it changes in your mind first. So in last year I have come out of my pupa stage and started to do stuff - I joined a boot camp and couldn't walk for the first two weeks, ran in a Spartan race and finished it (mostly because of the boot camp), started to promote my personal mission on earth, and am getting back in touch with people I fell out of touch with.

I count Egon Spengler and Carl Sagan as my heros (ok, so one is a fictional character, but come on - "don't cross the streams".) And spend most of my time staring at plants, collecting rocks, and eating watermelon, either singly or in combination :)

Glad to be joining, bit scared of the challenge, and excited to get to know new people.

-Watermelon

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

High Elf Druid

Level: 1

STR: 3 // DEX: 2 // STA: 3 // CON: 1 // WIS: 4 // CHA: 2

"It is through creating, not possessing, that life is revealed." - Vida D. Scudder

Hello Watermelon!

That does indeed sound like a quarter-life crisis!

You've made the right decision in coming here, feel free to ask as many questions you need - we're a friendly bunch.

I wish you best of luck with whatever guide you will be following!

Remember, if you're feeling un-motivated and need a little bit of stimulation, just tell us, we'll help you out.

-Brooke

What's the point in living, if you can't feel alive? 

FB Battle Log

Archived