Forums are back in action! ×

Help a fellow nerd out?

LRB

I feel like this is something I should know how to do, but I really have no clue.

You know how, when you go to a concert, they sometimes have a number to which you can text something before the show and it'll come up on the jumbotron? I want to do that with my church's junior youth group -- I want to be able to get feedback on how something is going while it's still going on. And I want everyone to be able to see the feedback. As an added bonus, it'd be great if the texts could come in anonymously.

Here's what I envision -- I run the junior youth group. We're all sitting around discussing something. These kids are far too polite to say "hey, this isn't working for me, can we talk about something else?" But they might text it. Or sometimes one person is talking and someone else has a thought that, by the time they get a chance to speak, is no longer relevant. Or we watch a movie during the gathering and I want to ask a question about the movie afterward, but want them to be able to respond anonymously. For example, in a few weeks, we'll be watching Soul Surfer, and I want to ask what sorts of supports they have in their lives if anything were to happen to them. Since we're in church, I fear some will feel compelled to answer "church," but if that's not the REAL answer, I don't want them to give it -- I want them to give an honest answer without worrying about whether it's the "right" answer.

And another added bonus - to be able to continue to receive texts between the meetings.

I guess, really, what I need is a web site I can set up to receive texts without identifying the sender.

Anyone know how to do that? Thanks in advance!

LRB, Lifelong Rebel Badass  ||  June 3 challenge thread

"What I lack in ability, I make up in stubbornness" -me

"Someone busier than you is working out right now" -my mom

Archived