Forums are back in action! ×

Hello All! New and Nervous!

Hello everyone *shyly waves*

My name is Jess and I have decided to Level up my life! I really like the sound of that.

I'm a 24 year old female and I weigh about 50 lbs more than I did when I graduated high school. Yikes! Disappointing. I have my AA and I am trying to get into a University to get a bachelors. I just can't decide what I want to major in. English or Anthropology. I like both but don't want to teach.

I enjoy tons of "nerdy" things and they MAY be on the list of things that have caused me to gain weight and get lazy. I enjoy watching too many TV shows, movies, playing video games like the Sims, Fallout, Skyrim, etc, reading books, and playing on the internet when I should be doing things like exercising or working. I would like to still enjoy these things but I would like to also be in control of my life and be a healthier and happier person.

I also started taking Krav Maga classes in May.

My goals right now are to lose those 50lbs I gained, get stronger (I would love to be able to regular pushups and maybe even pullups one day!), and get better at real life (like saving money and paying my bills on time, oops).

So as of right now my first goals are small ones. I would like to lose those first 10 lbs and make it a habit to consistently exercise. Also, to pay my bills on time. I have a calendar on my desk, I really have no excuse.

ALSO: I tried the signature/class/attributes thing. I hope I did it OK. A little unsure about the attributes honestly.

[TABLE=width: 500, align: left]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

lostsanity, level 1 monk

STR 2|DEX 3|STA 2|CON 4|WIS 3|CHA 1

[/TABLE]

Welcome, Jess! I like that you're emphasizing exercising *consistently*. I'm still pretty new to this site, but I've found that the idea of being consistent in my exercise - building routines and habits - has been particularly helpful. That way I feel like this is just part of my day, and not an occasional thing to try to do. Good luck, and please keep us updated!

Yeah, consistency is KEY to success!

“We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.†Aristotle

It's great that you've decided to level up! I'm also fairly new and i've JUST gotten into the right mindset. You're already well on your way just by making the decision. What's helped me is writing down and recording everything I do. I give some updates in the daily battle log, just sort of... about the day but, i record in a composition book, every set and rep (per the recommendation of the blog).

You will have GREAT success as long as you stick to it! always feel free to come to the forum for help and definitely keep us posted on your progress!

PS Signature works fine ^^

Level 3 Martial Monk, True Neutral

STR: 6.5 | DEX: 6 | STA: 7 | CON: 9 | WIS: 8 | CHA: 6

My First Challenge

Archived