Forums are back in action! ×

Greetings from Oz

Heya,

Greetings from the upside down land of Oz. I'm Janey, 27 yo student in Perth.

I found NF whilst googling the Paleo Diet, and thought this seemed like a cool way to talk to other slightly alternative kids about fitness. My journey with fitness so far has been pretty on and off. I'm still working out what's best for me; so far I've tried running and home work out videos (Jillian Michaels is a demon!), but I couldn't quite make myself stick to it long term - I'd end up bored, or I couldn't fit it into my daily schedule. Recently I've joined the local gym with my friend and housemate, and will be seeing a nutritionist soon too.

I am finding that having a friend along for the ride with me helps with my motivation "get up get dressed we're going to boxing!", and having someone to whinge with "dude my arms don't work". I have always been on the skinny side, I don't eat for days when I'm stressed and I want to fit into my clothes again! I also want to improve my parkour skills and hopefully one day run a triathlon with my sister.

Other than fitness.... I'm into body modification, hanging out with animals, the beach, punk and drum n bass tunes, veganism, and generally enjoying the sunshine!

See you round,

Janey

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] Elf Assassin

Current Challenge: Get a routine

Level 1 | Strength: 1 | Dexterity: 1 | Stamina: 2 | Constitution: 3 | Wisdom: 4 | Charisma: 4

"I refer to my hands, feet and body as the tools of the trade. The hands and feet must be sharpened and improved daily to be efficient." Bruce Lee

Hello and welcome, fellow Aussie! You'll find a number of us around the boards - you might even be able to find someone to work out with; I'm pretty sure I've seen Perth people...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Mist, Level 3 Half-orc Adventurer

STR: 5 | DEX: 3 | STA: 3.5 | CON: 5 | WIS: 8.75 | CHA: 4

Third time's the charm - My current challenge thread

Interested in my progress? - My First Challenge & My Second Challenge

Hi mist! Duckkkyyyyy!!! Perth people? Awesome. I probably went to school with them. Damn country town.

Level 1 | Strength: 1 | Dexterity: 1 | Stamina: 2 | Constitution: 3 | Wisdom: 4 | Charisma: 4

"I refer to my hands, feet and body as the tools of the trade. The hands and feet must be sharpened and improved daily to be efficient." Bruce Lee

Hey katpower, I grew up north of the river but I'm currently living in Rivervale, which is near Vic Park. I do so love Maylands, or Methlands, as it sometimes seems.... :D

Spiffy that's an awesome video! I loved the music, so many Parkour videos I've seen make it all out to be good guy bad guy chase scenes, that one just made it feel like more of an aesthetic practice. My boy is from NZ so I'm going to show it to him too. I hope one day my upper body strength is good enough for me to do such things!

all you perth people who want to do parkour, come down to scarborough for the class tomorrow. it starts at 3, details! Thundra this includes you!

Seriously, it's an amazing group of people and you should come join in. All levels are welcome, so even if you can barely roll out of bed we want you down there. Ill be down there for most of the day, would be great to meet a few fellow nerds :P

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

AZSF - lvl 4 assassin

STR - 9 | DEX - 12 | STA - 10.5 | CON - 7 | WIS - 8.5 | CHA - 1

Archived