Forums are back in action! ×

Books on human bodies?

Ghost

(Feel free to move this thread, not quite sure where to put it)

Anyway, so recently I got a Kindle and I've taken to reading more. But strangely enough I've taken a liking to non-fiction and the like.

So I decided I might as well learn something useful on something everyone has.

A body. We've each only got one, and I want to know what makes them tick.

Physiology and all that. I want to know something about my body apart from "This is the heart, this is a bicep".

But I don't really know where to start. If there is some sort of book that combines both elements of exercise but still tells you about why it is effective and gives you the science I would like to know.

Thanks NF!

Bit of a heavy read, and focused towards running, but I'm currently reading Lore of Running as part of my 6 week challenge. It's not small (at around 1,000 pages!) but covers muscular function (all the way down to a cellular level), different theoretical models of how the body uses food & energy stores in exercise, as well as training and (I think - I've only just started it) some relevant nutrition information. Well worth a look.

moved this thread to the "book club" forum area. :)

"Come with me if you want to lift" -The Brominator

"Later, I would learn that coincidences are the most planned things in the world. Later, I would learn that every single moment is a coincidence." - Douglas Coupland

"Anyone who doesn't want french fries every day is a commie." - AngelaTheGeek

Current Challenge

INSTAGRAM!!

find me on twitter

Archived