Forums are back in action! ×

Feeling Great And Ready To Go!!

Hey everybody, thought I'd introduce myself as part of the Rebellion!

I found out about Nerd Fitness through, if memory serves, a link on Reddit. I was just cruising through the links as usual and it caught my eye. I took a gander at the site on a Friday, and for the rest of that weekend I was reading a lot of the articles posted (like the Beginner's Guide to the Paleo Diet.) After taking a look at what the Fitness Guide had to offer, I decided to jump in.

I've found a lot of success from going with the mind set of "Just accept the quest!" There's no telling if there's a low level rat or a high level epic boss around the corner when taking the plunge in a game, yet I do it anyway. Why not take the plunge in life as well?

I'm a Coloradan currently working as a game tester in downtown Denver. I've done other QA jobs in the past and really, there's not much moving around, just sitting around testing games. Granted, it's really fun for the most part, but my body's certainly suffered for it. My hobbies are gaming, reading, writing...ya know, pretty sedentary stuff. I knew I needed to make a change.

I started the Rookie Level 1 workouts just Monday and started trying to get cooking with the Paleo diet (made some stir fry from the recipe Steve posted, delish!) I've not had a soda all week, and I've got say I've felt more awake, alert, and generally happy --- and that's just after one week! I know there'll be points later on where I won't feel as chipper and might not be up for working out and I'll have to push through, but I'm going to hold on that optimism as long as I can.

Anyway, just wanted to say hi to everybody, hopefully I can get into one of the 6 week challenges here in awhile! Excited and pumped, here's to losing weight, getting healthy, and feeling happy and great about life!

[sIGPIC]

http://nerdfitness.com/community/AdventurerCrest.jpeg[/sIGPIC]

Caydo

"Be the main course, not the side dish!"

Half-Lycan Adventurer

| Level 1 |

| STR 2 | DEX 2 | STA 3 | CON 3 | WIS 3 | CHA 2 |

Thanks! I know we can do it, we've already made this much progress! Just a little each day and before ya know it we'll be at our goals. :D

A few day or two without sodas was a bit tough, but it feels like I've got more energy without 'em. It's an awesome feeling.

[sIGPIC]

http://nerdfitness.com/community/AdventurerCrest.jpeg[/sIGPIC]

Caydo

"Be the main course, not the side dish!"

Half-Lycan Adventurer

| Level 1 |

| STR 2 | DEX 2 | STA 3 | CON 3 | WIS 3 | CHA 2 |

Archived