Forums are back in action! ×

Figured I should finally come in and say hi

Hey there everyone! I've always been a bigger guy and could never seem to really drop any weight. I've tried several workout plans before, but I could never really get into them and only stuck with them for about 2 weeks. Well, late November/early December roll around and I'm looking for something new.

One morning I'm doing my normal online routine (twitter, engadget, gizmodo, etc) and I discovered Steve's article on how to do an epic vacation for $418. After reading that and seeing he was associated with NF, I was immediately intrigued. After checking out a majority of NF, I was sold. I immediately bought the RFG and got to reading. After reading the guide, I could tell this was going to be the one to help me achieve my goals. I already had most of the equipment due to the earlier attempts at other routines, so I didn't really have to go out and buy anything new.

I never realized how important your diet is until reading Steve's guide. I gave soda up four years ago and fast food/ice cream over a year ago, so those "temptations" weren't things I really had to worry about. My problem was over-eating, not eating the right stuff and skipping breakfast/lunch (Before this, I couldn't tell you the last time I actually ate any vegetables either :P).

So here I am now reporting back a little bit more than a month later (Well, not really, seeing as this is my intro post) to let you guys know I've gone from 220 down to 191 (as of last night). My goal is 160 and for the first time, I feel like I can do it.

Thanks for reading everyone and I hope to be apart of this great community! :)

I'll definitely take a look into that forum, thanks! I've been interested in maybe doing some martial arts, but I can't seem to locate any gyms near me. :\

I read a bit about that MMO they were developing, but nothing to in-depth. I'll also take a look into that.

I gotta say I love my Boxee Box. I have all my gym-equipment in the basement as well as a TV. I ran an ethernet cable down the walls into the basement and into the BB. Now I can watch all my shows on my computer from down there while I'm on the treadmill or cycle. It's awesome and much better than lounging around watching them.

Also, have any of you heard of Fitbit? I bought once last week and it's helped me out tremendously so far, even in this short amount of time I've had it.