Forums are back in action! ×

The Journey of 1,000 Miles...

dajve

So, on Jan 30th I took up running as exercise to supplement my weight loss diet; in February I realised I quite enjoyed it; in March I set myself (mainly for fun) a target to run 1,000 miles by the end of the year. Well, despite a few injuries through the year, I hit that target today (as part of an intervals workout towards the Fall Frenzy no less, so a two-fer there)! If this was Middle Earth, Lothlorien would be nothing more than a distant memory now - Rauros here I come!

Damn! Congrats! Also amazing job on your intervals you absolutely smoked me!

Lvl 1 Elven Minotaur Druid
Str: 3 |Dex: 1 |Sta: 4 |Con: 3 |Wis: 2 |Cha: 2

"We have done the impossible, and that makes us mighty." Capt Malcolm Reynolds

"When you do something, you should burn yourself up completely, like a good bonfire, leaving no trace of yourself", Shunryu Suzuki

"Why do we fall down, Bruce? So we can learn to pick ourselves up again." Thomas Wayne

My second-ish challenge: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/29825-harness-rebooted/

Cheers =o) It's been a long road, but feels so good to be in 4 figures when I look at my log for the year =o)

And thanks for the motivation in the intervals - I would have settled at much less if you weren't breathing down my neck - brilliant job! I loved this challenge (even if the body is now complaining rather loudly at me!).

Archived