Forums are back in action! ×

Inspirational Lyrics, song titles and literature.

Guest Snake McClain

Guest Snake McClain

As someone who loves music and written word, I am always finding pieces of lyrics or script that inspires me.

Today it is the glitch mob song "Starve the ego, Feed the soul".

The song itself has no lyrics but that title is really a testament to people. To grow inside as a "soul" (not in a religious sense but in a person who is caring and kind) the ego needs to be left behind.

What are some words that you've found that inspire you? Something others may not have ever seen, noticed or heard of before. what is special to you? I'd love to hear it.

There are three quotes written on my vanity mirror that I read daily; some days, I don't need the reminder but most days I do.

“With stammering lips and insufficient sound I strive and struggle to deliver right the music of my nature.”

Elizabeth Barrett Browning

“For every minute you are angry you lose sixty seconds of happiness.”

Ralph Waldo Emerson

"We accept the love we think we deserve."

Steven Chbosky, The Perks of Being a Wallflower

Letting go is the hardest asana. 

Instagram: WholeBodySwoleHeart

Guest Snake McClain
There are three quotes written on my vanity mirror that I read daily; some days, I don't need the reminder but most days I do.

“With stammering lips and insufficient sound I strive and struggle to deliver right the music of my nature.”

Elizabeth Barrett Browning

“For every minute you are angry you lose sixty seconds of happiness.”

Ralph Waldo Emerson

"We accept the love we think we deserve."

Steven Chbosky, The Perks of Being a Wallflower

I really love the first quote. That is pretty solid.

I'll have to check the one notebook that I have; I've written a lot down over the years that I've come across. Some are from movies, books, and TV shows.

A recent one that I like is ""Life is just a bunch of stories you go through and they all end sooner or later. But it's ok. I'm gonna go find my next story. I hope you do the same."

It comes from a movie called "Strictly Sexual", and (I think) it was said at a breakup between the two main characters. It's just a reminder that no matter what takes place, there's another story in your life that's opening, waiting for you to write.

Race: Human / Level: 1 / Current Class: Adventurer / Goal Class: Ranger

STR: 2.5 / DEX: 2 / STA: 3.5 / CON: 3.5 / WIS: 4 / CHA: 4.5

My Background / Facebook / GoodReads / Flickr / Fitbit

~ Take Care, Live Life, and Pray Hard ~

"Our lives are different to anybody else's. That's the exciting thing, that nobody in the universe can do what we're doing."

- Patrick Troughton (Doctor #2)

This is "my" movie...I watch it very often and I turn to it whenever I am at a low point. Iris is my hero in every single way...when I have a good moment, I call it having an "Iris moment." This particular scene embodies for me the freedom that comes from letting go of something poisonous that you've been desperately clinging to...in this scene of course it is a relationship, but it could be anything. A lot of times for me it is fear and anxiety. Anyhoo, it's a great little scene, and her last line is amazing.

I also have a very strong connection to Marc Cohn's "Walking in Memphis." For some reason it just speaks to me really deeply...I turn to that song also when I am feeling low.

Lastly, another quote I love is by Matt Frazier: "Don't let stupid fears keep you from doing cool things."

"What makes a man, is it the power in his hands? Is it his quest for glory?

Give it all you got to fight to the top so we can know your story." -DVDA's Now You're A Man

Leprechaun Warrior
STR: 2 | DEX: 3 | CON: 2 | STA: 2 | WIS: 2 | CHA: 4

For epic music that will CHANGE YOUR LIFE click here. Make sure you have a spare pair of underwear beforehand.

Archived