Forums are back in action! ×

Down 40

I finally hit the 40 pounds lost mark. It took a while. My weight loss really slowed down this past few weeks but I kept at it and have now hit one of my original goals. Lose 40 pounds and weigh less than 200 pounds. 197 to be exact.

Thanks for reading.

I might be a Scout. I might be a Ranger. I haven't decided yet.

Well, since you asked:

When I first decided to lose weight, I used a BMI calculator and it said that 180 pounds for me was normal. I didn't know how the BMI calculator worked. It was all new to me so I thought I needed to lose 60 pounds. Now I know that isn't an exact science so I'm not so worried about losing another 20.

Now I just want to burn off the last bit of belly fat I have so I can have a ripped 40 year old beach body. I'll still be lifting weights so I know my overall weight might not change to much due to muscle increase. At least I hope there will be muscle increase and still fat loss.

Another one of my original goals was to bench press my weight. I should see if I can bench 200 pounds now.

Also, starting in March, I will be doing triathlon training. I don't want to just be the fittest guy watching TV. I want to do something with my new found abilities. I'm working on my training schedule now.

I might be a Scout. I might be a Ranger. I haven't decided yet.

Nice work :) One thing I use for motivation, is visualizing the weight I have lost/would like to loose to carrying around gallons of water (a little weird, granted). If I want to run a half marathon, wouldn't it be easier if I wasn't carrying all that. So in my weird way of thinking, you have put down almost 4 gallons of water. That is exactly what I am working toward, I imagine it feels great!

Good luck with the triathlon