Forums are back in action! ×

The story so far...

Hi!

I'm the new guy. I was born in Vienna, Austria 26 years ago and still live there. When i was a kid, i never was really athletic. Sport wasn't a mayor interest of me. My parents sent me to learn Jiu Jitsu (the japanese martial art, not the brazilian). I did that once a week till i was 14. At that time i started losing interest and developed some bad habits (smoking and drinking). Till i was 18 i didn't really do any sport (expect the mandatory school sport).

It all changed, when i was drafted in the military (mandatory in Austria). I realised how weak i was, physically and mentally. So i decided that something had to change. After i was free again, i started running. Looking back i have to say, that getting outside 3 times a week was a real struggle. It wasn't really my sport. Nevertheless i lost about 12 kg in a year (going from 94 kgs to 82).

My life changed when i found the strong lifts website. That was my type of training! I started weight lifting (first with the strong lifts programm, then starting strength). I worked hard and went back to my orginal weight of 94 kgs (but this time the gains were mostly muscle). The mental part of the sport helped me a lot and i try to apply this to my daily life (trying to do things i'm scared of).

I started training martial arts (braz. jiu jitsu and boxing) again and i will stick with it for a long time. At the moment i'm also doing a body weight routine (from the book you are your own gym) for a change.

All right i think that's enough for the start. I'm proud to join the rebellion and i think we will all be here for an exciting ride.

[TABLE=width: 500, align: left]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sifu Randy, level 1 Gnoll warrior

STR 4|DEX 2|STA 3|CON 3|WIS 2|CHA 1

[/TABLE]

For me life is continuously being hungry. The meaning of life is not simply to exist, to survive, but to move ahead, to go up, to achieve, to conquer.

Arnold Schwarzenegger

Thanks!

That's what's happens, when you've got 10 taps open!:subdued:

[TABLE=width: 500, align: left]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sifu Randy, level 1 Gnoll warrior

STR 4|DEX 2|STA 3|CON 3|WIS 2|CHA 1

[/TABLE]

For me life is continuously being hungry. The meaning of life is not simply to exist, to survive, but to move ahead, to go up, to achieve, to conquer.

Arnold Schwarzenegger

Archived