Forums are back in action! ×

Hello... A rambling introduction

Good Evening,

So here is where I say a bit about myself - where to start, what to write...

First of all - I am way more comfortable with numbers than writing. I am a Finance Manager. I like numbers, spreadsheets, and databases. Yes, I'm a numbers dweeb. I am 48, a mother of a 7 1/2 year old boy (yes, I had him when I was 40...), and busy. I work full time (hence the manager title), active in my church (finance chair - surprised?), cart the boy to his activities, and just recently started Tae Kwondo with him (figured since I was taking him I would join in rather than sit and watch him). I have a dog (a 14 year old Westie I inherited from my brother), a cat (that was a stray) and two fish (won at a carnival 3 years ago!).

My goal is to get my BMI under 30. Yea, I know BMI is not the only measurement of health, but I have a reason. My company has recently started this new thing that if your BMI is over 30 you pay more for the health insurance. I currently have to lose approximately 15 pounds to get there, so that should be totally doable. Once I have my BMI in the company approved range, I would then focus on getting strong and healthy.

Let see.... what else.... I like to read, bake, and enter 5K's as a walker. I also like music. Once upon a time I played bassoon (in high school and college), and just found that I miss it and am thinking about getting back into it. I am nice to a fault (as least that is what I have been told), and sensitive (too sensitive for some people), and like to see the best in every situation. I would like to think I could get to running a 5K.... maybe....

STR 1/DEX 2/STA 2/CON 4/WIS 4/CHA 2

Witty Saying Here (creation in progress...) :fatigue:

Welcome to the Rebellion! 15 pounds? No problem! Try to accomplish some more specific things while you're here, you'll revolutionize your life!

Some of my best friends are bassoon players (they got married and had a bassoon quartet at their wedding, one of the most beautiful things I've ever heard). It's an amazing instrument. I'm terrible with reed instruments, especially double reeds, so I'm going to stick with my string instruments. But I absolutely encourage you to get back into it!

5K maybe? No way, 5K DEFINITELY! We're all behind you now, you can do it!!! Glad to have you aboard, can't wait to hear about your progress!

Level 4 Shape Shifting AdventurerSTR: 3.5 | DEX: 6.5 | STA: 6.0CON: 5.75 | WIS: 8.25 | CHA: 7.25

Archived