Forums are back in action! ×

Really hoping I can get in better health!

Hi everyone, my name is Sinfullysweet, aka Sin for short. Currently sitting at 202 lbs at 5'7. I am on Chantix to quit smoking for the last time, reverted back to drinking pure water. Doc got me on back on meds that should help my motivation. I stay at home to run a farm, and any direction on getting starting up or workouts that I can start off slow and work myself up. I used to weigh 130lb and since having kids, I can't get the baby fat off (stretch marks galore) so my self esteem has hit a huge low- even to the point of suicidal thoughts :o . So any suggestions on how to start off slow, and work my way up I would be greatly appreciated. I don't want to be a bean pole but just a healthy weight would make my day!

How I look now. (Yes I had worked out in the garden so thats why I am nasty LOL)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5831[/ATTACH]

post-10612-13567245135861_thumb.jpg

It takes a lot of courage to post pics. Welcome to the Rebellion! :)

Thank you! I look forward to meeting everyone and getting in better shape! I always though the best motivation is to put a picture of how I look now, and how I want to get back down to. Helps out a ton, and makes me realize, I ain't as skinny as I would like to think. More on the "fluffy" side as my DH calls it! XD

OH to clarify, that is not blood on my face. This picture was taken by my dear loving husband after I had been on my hands and needs weeding in our garden LOL

It takes a lot of courage to post pics. Welcome to the Rebellion! :)

Agreed! Though I might suggest renaming the pic to something like "Farm Woman RAWR." ;) For reals, give yourself the positive reinforcement that you deserve, and don't treat yourself in ways you wouldn't let someone else get away with. I mean, you're already making improvement from that pic's starting point: you've given up the soda. And that's going to pay off in a huge way! Give yourself props for that! I've never responded well to abusing and haranguing myself into a fitter life -- it just makes me hate getting fit. If anyone else tried to motivate me through insults and sneers, I'd kick 'em in the junk and quit, and I think there are very few of us who respond positively to that specific style of motivation, even when it's coming from ourselves.

I am on Chantix to quit smoking for the last time

Ohhh man, good for you! I fell off the non-smoking wagon a little over a month ago and have been using Chantix to help get back on. The side effects are certainly not ideal (especially the psychotropic ones like anxiety and depression -- keep a weather eye out for those!!), but if you can cope with them through the full regimen, it's like magic when you're done. Keep reminding yourself of all those good reasons to stay quit!

I stay at home to run a farm

'Nuff said. You're already boss. At 60, my folks are still on the farm, and I have no idea how my mother still manages to keep everything running smoothly. Plus her half-acre garden, and the 100 fryers and the layers, and taking care of Dad with his failing health. If they didn't have to worry so much about the farm, farm women would rule the world.

My mother is 100% German, plus she had a hysterectomy and follow-up meds that wonked her hormones, so her body really quickly went into that German Dumpling form where you're strong as all shit but generously padded. When she got serious about losing weight, she had to keep a very detailed food log of everything she ate -- every single bite or food sample. For her, the biggest issue was that she had to cook every meal for quite a crew (on top of everything else, of course), and she would casually graze and sample as she cooked. A food log really highlighted just how much she was consuming from that casual grazing.

So that might could be a good place to start, just to get an absolutely clear picture of what your starting place is for diet. Sometimes, possible changes will just jump out right away from looking at that food journal. There are a lot of apps that make this far less tedious than it used to be with pen and paper.

I hope you'll think about participating in the 6-Week Challenges, too! They're tons of fun, and you get sooo much support from a gracious community of folks who are meeting challenges just like yours. Jump on in, and best of luck!

Wood Elf Ranger

LEVEL 1, It don't mean a thing if I don't hear that ding: My Epic Quest

Agreed! Though I might suggest renaming the pic to something like "Farm Woman RAWR." ;) For reals, give yourself the positive reinforcement that you deserve, and don't treat yourself in ways you wouldn't let someone else get away with. I mean, you're already making improvement from that pic's starting point: you've given up the soda. And that's going to pay off in a huge way! Give yourself props for that! I've never responded well to abusing and haranguing myself into a fitter life -- it just makes me hate getting fit. If anyone else tried to motivate me through insults and sneers, I'd kick 'em in the junk and quit, and I think there are very few of us who respond positively to that specific style of motivation, even when it's coming from ourselves.

Ohhh man, good for you! I fell off the non-smoking wagon a little over a month ago and have been using Chantix to help get back on. The side effects are certainly not ideal (especially the psychotropic ones like anxiety and depression -- keep a weather eye out for those!!), but if you can cope with them through the full regimen, it's like magic when you're done. Keep reminding yourself of all those good reasons to stay quit!

'Nuff said. You're already boss. At 60, my folks are still on the farm, and I have no idea how my mother still manages to keep everything running smoothly. Plus her half-acre garden, and the 100 fryers and the layers, and taking care of Dad with his failing health. If they didn't have to worry so much about the farm, farm women would rule the world.

My mother is 100% German, plus she had a hysterectomy and follow-up meds that wonked her hormones, so her body really quickly went into that German Dumpling form where you're strong as all shit but generously padded. When she got serious about losing weight, she had to keep a very detailed food log of everything she ate -- every single bite or food sample. For her, the biggest issue was that she had to cook every meal for quite a crew (on top of everything else, of course), and she would casually graze and sample as she cooked. A food log really highlighted just how much she was consuming from that casual grazing.

So that might could be a good place to start, just to get an absolutely clear picture of what your starting place is for diet. Sometimes, possible changes will just jump out right away from looking at that food journal. There are a lot of apps that make this far less tedious than it used to be with pen and paper.

I hope you'll think about participating in the 6-Week Challenges, too! They're tons of fun, and you get sooo much support from a gracious community of folks who are meeting challenges just like yours. Jump on in, and best of luck!

Thanks! I look forward to checking them out and doing them. =D And thanks for the self confidence boost, a week ago I was thinking about taking my life due to my depression taking over. Now with the doctors help, I am back looking at the bright side of life, and being more active. I have been on Chantax before, and it was the only thing that actually made me quit smoking. So I am getting back on the horse and trying again! Can't fail unless I quit trying to quit.

Speaking of getting more active, today I worked on my mother in laws van, changing spark plugs, and washing and waxing. Forgot how much of a workout that was!) The geeky part of me is always looking for ways to tear something down, find out how it works and put it back together. =)

Great suggestions already. I suggest finding a buddy. Online is great but local helps more with having a fitness pal. Body weight workouts are great!!

Thank you Chatty! I wish where I lived at, that it would be a possibility. I live in farming country and not many people even try to work out. Sad thing is, I have a garage full of workout equipment, but when I hit that severe depression I just forgot about it all. I know I will never be skinny, working on a farm tends to build up muscle, but I try to tell myself that women with muscles are just as sexy as thin women.

Archived