Forums are back in action! ×

introducing fitjulia

I never know where to begin with introductions, ironic since they are just introductions. I am long-winded, so they do not tend to go well.

First of all, I am so excited there is a site for nerds who want to be fit, because that is so me!

In the Spring of 2008 I was as strong as a horse. I could carry around 100 lbs of weight like it was no big deal. Me and squats were best friends. Then that summer I was in a horrific accident that landed me in the hospital for over a year. When I got out I was in a wheelchair, I couldn't walk, lift my legs, or lift my arms above my head.

Three years later I am quite functional, but also quite weak. I can walk, carry my groceries, go up and down stairs, move light boxes at work, etc. But that is about it.

I am embarking on a year long fitness program at a University near me to help me go beyond functional to strong. Once I am able to do some of the workouts in the NF guides, I plan to buy those and work from there. But my starting exercises are not up to that level yet. I had a personal trainer start me out on exercises to work on, and we will modify those as needed. Also, after so much physical therapy and my previous weight lifting experience, I do know how to get started.

But it will be checking in along the way to see where I can challenge myself and hopefully you all can help with motivation and exercise ideas.

Jǫrð, Delvian Nomad - Level 12 { Battle Log }

Archived