Forums are back in action! ×

Joined the gym for the first time!

BookLoverL

So I am now at Warwick Uni (I messed up one of the exams for my Cambridge offer but it's fine since I am enjoying it here) and I joined the uni gym, which is the first gym I have ever joined. Last week I went in the section with the treadmills and machines because you aren't allowed in the weight room until after you've had an induction, and ran 10 minutes and then couldn't figure out how to set up the lat pull down machine. But this morning I had my induction in the weight room! And the guy running it showed me how to do barbell squats and deadlifts. I did 2 or 3 squats with a 15kg empty bar, and 3 or 4 deadlifts with a 15kg bar with a 5kg plate at each end. Woot!

Lvl 1 Dúnadan Ranger

"All that is gold does not glitter."

So I am now at Warwick Uni (I messed up one of the exams for my Cambridge offer but it's fine since I am enjoying it here) and I joined the uni gym, which is the first gym I have ever joined. Last week I went in the section with the treadmills and machines because you aren't allowed in the weight room until after you've had an induction, and ran 10 minutes and then couldn't figure out how to set up the lat pull down machine. But this morning I had my induction in the weight room! And the guy running it showed me how to do barbell squats and deadlifts. I did 2 or 3 squats with a 15kg empty bar, and 3 or 4 deadlifts with a 15kg bar with a 5kg plate at each end. Woot!

RIGHT ON! gonna get hooked... pump that iron!

[TABLE=width: 500, align: left]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Mark, Level 2 Giant Ranger

STR 4.5|DEX 2|STA 1|CON 3.25|WIS 5.25|CHA 4.75

[/TABLE]

Definitely a good job. It can definitely be intimidating to join a gym, but once the results start coming in you'll never look back. It'll be totally worth it. Plus my uni gyms are some of the nicest i've ever been to, albeit crowded. Keep up the good work!

"Knowing is not enough, we must apply.  Willing is not enough, we must do."

--Bruce Lee

Archived