Forums are back in action! ×

I guess I really should have done this first….

Hello!

I have been lurking around NF for a while now. I signed up finally and have already started my battle log and asked one question (I have about a million more!)

I originally found it early this year when I was on a health kick - gym everyday, paleo eating…and then life happened, thesis writing became more of a priority than exercise and it slowly went to nothing! Being gluten and lactose intolerant, the eating wasn’t to bad, but I was definitely addicted to sugar and caffeine at the end of writing it!

So last friday I handed in the thesis (YAY!) and now I’m making exercise a priority.

I’ve thought about why I let it fall so bad last time, and I think it was because I wasn’t measuring my progress, so I really didn’t know if I was improving or not and I made crappy goals. So I’m taking my measurements (and going to post them eppp!) I also have a before photo (not one I want to post until it’s improved :P)

I’m still struggling trying to sort out my goals (so if anyone knows anything about BF%, any advice would be awesome http://www.nerdfitness.com/community/showthread.php?19338-Unsure-about-my-Body-Fat-goal-am-I-aiming-too-low-too-quickly)

Anyway, looking forward to learning from all of you :)

yay for handing in thesis! I remember how good it felt to have it in and be able to forget about it while it was being examined - although don't be surprised if you find yourself wandering around thinking 'I should be working on my... oh wait!'. It is understandable that other goals might slide, because thesis writing is intense. What is your area of study? I'm a historian (PhD from USyd)

and welcome!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Mist, Level 3 Half-orc Adventurer

STR: 5 | DEX: 3 | STA: 3.5 | CON: 5 | WIS: 8.75 | CHA: 4

Third time's the charm - My current challenge thread

Interested in my progress? - My First Challenge & My Second Challenge

Handed mine in and my migraines just vanished ... for a little while :)

Always problematic keeping exercise going when life intrudes but hopefully the extra energy it supplies makes it a good time investment.

oh and welcome :)

"Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself" -- Tolstoy

Not sure if it was buzz or woody that said it though.

Spartan double trifecta progess:

100%
100%

Tough Mudder "10 x Legionnaire":

100.0%
100.0%
"Run ALL the things or die tryin'"
110%
110%

fitocracy Ogre Magi Lvl 16 Ranger STR: 38|DEX: 58|STA: 59|baCON: 34|WIS: 30|CHA: 30

Previously Completed: Spartan Trifecta, Enough TM Headbands to make a ski mask

Archived