Forums are back in action! ×

30 lbs for 30 BPM

silverpeacock

FOr as long as I can remember, I've had a high pulse. Like on speed high (never taken the stuff). We're talking 110 bpm RESTING heart rate. It wasn't normal, and understandably, my doc flipped. She sent me to a cardiologist, and for a battery of heart tests. No one could explain it. I just ran a little hotter than the average person. I accepted that. Oddly my blood pressure was in "normal" range.

This was back in 2010.

In 2011 I decided that I was sick of being heavy, and I wanted to change. I was 178 lbs when I decided that I'd had enough. My BMI (which may be a worthless measurement, but it was what I had beside a scale) was 30.55. That put me to the obese level.

I'll cut out the gory details, but basically in the last year and a half, I've lost over 30 lbs (stopping and starting on exercise, but I have learned portion control, so I can control my weight that way). I went to the doctor for a checkup, and got my blood pressure checked (It is slightly low), and just before I left, I got her to check my pulse. It was 80 bpm. 80! I couldn't believe it. I am finally in a normal range. Honestly I can't remember EVER being in a "normal" range for pulse.

I've never been "normal" with anything in my life....

Archived